Monday, January 7, 2013

Ms. Ali's Bridal Shower {January 7, 2013}

 I am helping throw Ali's bridal shower in March and it seemed like I had SO much time, but now I realize that invites have to start going out in about 4 weeks. That doesn't seem like very much time at all (luckily Syd and Brooke are helping a TON and I have already ordered a bunch of stuff). My next big project for the shower- glitter dipped jars. I am thinking this weekend I will make my first attempt. That should be interesting. Here are some my inspirations for the shower:




I think for the thank you gift, we will put white gumballs in a little clear bag and tie it with a ribbon:


The plan is to serve a little sandwich and a soup or a salad. We will also have cut up fruit and veggies along with some treats. I was thinking chocolate dipped marshmallows, oreos, and cupcakes would be fun. (I like the idea of oreos because it brings in the black and white theme). We were also thinking that old fashion glass bottled soda would be super cute. 

I already have the black and white straws
I have ordered the lanterns
I have the frames for the sayings
I have the pattern for a bunting banner
I know where to get the striped runners (I just have to wait until I am in SLC next time)
I have the jars (and plan on glitter dipping this weekend) 
I think any flowers we do will just be white roses that we will get the day before

I feel much better about how much I have done for this shower than for Kate's. Unfortunately I just don't know if I will still feel good come shower time, so I have to plan well in advance. The next big task: INVITATIONS!
(my least favorite part because I am not very talented in graphic design, and way too cheap to pay someone to do it). Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment