Monday, January 21, 2013

27 Weeks {January 21, 2013}

My most favorite things of this past week- getting woken up by Baby Weldin kicking my stomach- hard. At first I didn't fully notice that is what had woken me up, but sure enough he kicked again, and again, and again. I laid there and just felt him kicking and wiggling for quite a while. It was the best thing in the whole world. I even laughed out loud at some points because my whole stomach moved with him. I guess that means he's getting bigger, and nothing makes me happier. I feel like he is going to be such a sweet heart. I feel like every time I start to get nervous that think "Have I felt him move lately?" "Is he doing ok?" He wiggles or kicks and reassures me that the is still doing good. I feel like he just knows what I am thinking and wants to make sure I know he's ok ( I hope that always lasts).

The name battle has been getting pretty heated lately. We are both SO stubborn. Sam wants me to come up with more options, and I don't want to because I already like the name I have chosen. I told him that if he doesn't like what I picked, he needs to do the leg work and find a different one. I am perfectly happy to name this sweet little one Hudson. In fact, I may or may not have started ordering things with the letter H on them (don't tell Sam).

I have overcome my fear of having a baby shower, and plans have started for one. My sweet sisters have offered to throw it for me. We are thinking the end of March will be best. I am actually pretty excited to get everyone together and hopefully get some good mommy advice. I have gotten so overwhelmed by all the baby products out there, that I really just need some good solid advice on whats important and what sucks. I have been asking people along the way, but it always seems like in our conversations they bring of up some new gadget or item that I have never heard of, and I leave say "What the HELL is that for???" There are A LOT of products I am going to avoid until for some reason I get to the point that I am desperate and go looking for it.

I sewed curtains for the baby room this weekend, but sadly forgot to take pictures. I guess we'll just have to take pictures of a completed nursery instead. (Part of me thinks I will like the curtains more once the room is finished anyways). We only have a few little projects left and the room should be done. We need the name sign (but again the whole name issue is still pretty heated), a chair, and some blinds. Other than that I think things can wait until he's older, or at least here.

This week I go in for my glucose test and the rest of my labs, then I have to get my shot (since my blood type is negative). My doctor told me the labs and test will take a while, so I have am kind of dreading going in, plus you have to be fasting (which does not really go that well with me right now). I guess I need to just knuckle down and do it.

{Week 27  January 21, 2013}

Dear Baby:

I LOVE feeling you move around and wiggle. I can tell you are getting stronger because you can move my whole stomach now. I am guessing you like it when I take a bath, because you just wiggle like crazy every time I get in there. I am hoping that means you will like the water.

We are getting more and more excited for you every day. I can't believe how fast time is going by, and how soon you are going to be here. I can't wait to see what you look like and to get to know the things you like and don't like. I know I tell you this every time, but I love to imagine what life will be like once you're here.

I am almost finished with your room, and pretty excited for you to see it. I am guessing you won't really get to enjoy it for quite a while, but it still fun to make sure its ready for you. Your aunt Brandi sent you such a nice gift this week. Its a monitor so we can see you in your room, even when we're not home. I can talk to you through it and even turn on music for you. I think that will be so fun.

How is everyone in Heaven doing? I hope you are learning a lot from them and enjoying the time you get to spend with them. Make sure you tell them we miss them and we love them. (even though I am sure they already know that).

I love you little baby!

Love, Mom

Update:

-I literally live in leggings- and only a part of me feels bad about it.
-I love spaghetti o's- the the point its almost embarrassing.
-I am back to really liking soda- but am trying to limit myself to just a few a week
- I also love sweets too- and people are getting all kinds of Valentine and Easter candy out. Its awful.
-I love to go walking and have been doing better about going to the gym.
-My low back, bum, and hips hurt a lot when I sit for too long. (I can totally see why they tell you to stop traveling later in your pregnancy, I really can't imagine being in a car for four hours, even now).
- I take a bath almost every night. It helps SO much to relax me and stop all the little aches.
-I still have break outs on my neck especially. Its weird and starts to clear up and look better, and then gets worse again.
- I started buying T-shirts from the Men's section and absolutely LOVE them. I think they are better than maternity shirts. They are long and looser fitting, and worse case scenario I will wear them to work out in after pregnancy (although I may still wear them with leggings and boots because they are just that fun).
- All of the shirts I have bought have something to do with NYC.
- I am starting to feel my travel itch coming again, and I feel like the next little while may get pretty rough. Its like an addiction, and I am jonesing to go somewhere, but probably can't go anywhere for the next 8 months. (maybe even longer depending on how Baby Weldin does).
- I pray he's a good traveler so I can just take him with and go.
- I may have started to plan a trip to Cali for August or September with the hopes that he will be awesome and we can go play on the beach for a weekend.
- I registered for my baby shower and it felt very strange to think that I am going to need all those baby related things.
- I still weirdly love my growing tummy, and love to show it off.
- I have days when I feel so irritated and moody, and other days where I am super happy and content.
- I am getting more and more blunt with people. It can be good, and it can be REALLY REALLY bad.

Here I am at 27 weeks:

See that is one of my men's t-shirts. Its the BEST! 



No comments:

Post a Comment