Monday, January 14, 2013

26 Weeks {January 15, 2013}

I feel like the posts just continue come around so quickly, it is blowing my mind. Well, we are moving forward on the baby front. I have almost everything I need for the nursery, and the rest of the stuff is just a shopping trip or two away. I like that his room actually is starting to feel like a room, instead a storage area. Its fun to see it take shape. I still have not buckled down and bought the fabric for the crib skirt, sheets, and curtains. I just feel way too cheap right now. I will do it though.

Here is my list of things I still need to get before baby comes:
1. Car Seat/stroller
2. Chair
3. Rug
4. Fabric for crib skirt, sheets, and curtains
5. One more box of wipes
6. Outfit to bring him home in
7. Play pen/ portable crib
8. Changing pad (with covers)
9 . Lotions, powders, shampoos
10. Nursing pillow

I think that's it. I hope I have everything else. I guess if I don't we can always go get it after he's here. That is the one thing I keep forgetting is that I can still buy stuff for him after he gets here, I blame it on a combination of hormones and my OCD tendencies.

Here is the stock pile of diapers and wipes I have been working on:



{Week 26 - January 14, 2013}

Dear Baby:

I absolutely love feeling you move around. I was laying down the other night and could watch my tummy move around. It was so fun. Your dad finally felt you move the other day. He was pretty excited about it. We both love knowing that you're in there growing so big and strong. 

We are almost done with your room, and I really like it. I hope you do too. Its gray, red, navy blue, and a little bit of yellow. Lately at night we have been finding Gator sleeping on the floor in your room. I think he knows you'll be here soon and getting excited too. Your dad and I both agree you will probably be Gator's favorite person. I kind of think you will be everyone's favorite person. 

I haven't been eating very healthy the past week or so, and I feel awful about it. So, I went grocery shopping and got some really healthy snacks and things to eat. I always feel really guilty when I feed you unhealthy things, so I promise to do better. 

I took you running this weekend, and you did really good. I however, did not do so great. I only ran a mile or so, but it was a lot harder than I remember (ok maybe not harder than the marathon you and I did). It felt good to get out and run instead of walk the whole time. I am going to try and jog a little more with you. After you get here I hope we can go jogging together all the time.  Hopefully you'll like going with me and Gator. 

Ash moved into her new house over the weekend. At her new place there is a swimming pool, and I already told her that you and I will be over there a lot in the summer to swim. She is excited to hang out with us and go swimming, so get excited for that. We will do lots of fun stuff when you get here.

I just love you so much little one. 

Love, Mom
P.S. I think your dad is coming around to naming you Hudson!! Whooo hooo you almost have a name!

Pregnancy Update:
I am still doing pretty good. I have started feeling pretty tired again, but I think its because I am going like crazy trying to get stuff done. I went like crazy on Saturday and got so much stuff done, but then I paid for it on Sunday. I was completely exhausted and took at 4 hour nap, then went to bed at 8:30. 

My hips and lower back hurt when I lay down for too long in the same position, and my pillow trick isn't quite as effective as it once was. I have just had to start turning over through out the night. 

I have started getting up in the night again to go to the bathroom.... I think I just don't have quite as much room as I did before. I know its probably just going to get worse too :) 

I crave spaghetti o's... and when I eat them they taste AWESOME

I also really love sweets again, and its a problem. 

I have also started really liking soda again, and its also a problem. (all my bad habits are coming back) 

It felt so good to jog a little bit and actually sweat. I need to do more of that, I am getting pretty bored with walking all the time. 

I am beyond excited to start my third trimester soon, and to meet this little guy in 14 weeks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment