Tuesday, January 29, 2013

30 Things- #15

15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love.

I don't really believe in love at first sight. I think you can lust someone at first sight, or have a connection at first sight, but deep real actual love I think comes a lot harder and slower than that. I would not say that there was one big moment where I just felt like he was the one, but a combination of little moments. I remember watching him with my nieces and nephews and thinking that he would make such a great dad. 

While we were dating I worked at Steamroller and I remember he would bring me lunch when I worked all day on Saturday, and would bring the girl I was working with lunch too. I loved that about him. 

We trained for and ran a marathon together before we go married and I think that was one of the best things we ever did. He helped me when I was tired and we pushed each other. My knee was hurt that year and he would always stretch me out when we stopped. He checked on me and cared about me, and I could see that. I knew that I didn't want to let that go. 

I remember when we were engaged I spent a lot of time praying and trying to get huge confirmation that I was doing the right thing. Then, one day I realized I wouldn't really ever know it was the right thing until I did it, but I did know that I didn't want to be with anyone else and I didn't want him to be with anyone else either. It was as simple and as complicated as that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment