Monday, January 28, 2013

30 Things- #9

9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

1. My mom. My mom's voice is one of three voices that are usually in my head when I make decisions. She has shown me how to forgive and be unselfish. She has shown me an amazing example of a strong woman, but one that also enjoys her roles a s mother and wife. She has shown me true compassion and forgiveness. I honestly believe that she is the reason that me and my sisters feel like we can be accomplished in a professional environment as well as at home. 

2. My dad. My dad's voice is one of the other voices in my head when I make decisions. My dad is strong and kind and one of the most giving people I have ever met. He is always serving others and seems to be the one that so many turn to for help and advice. My dad never accepted less from me that what he knew I was capable of. He was always the one pushing me to study more and to make sure I went to class. I have always hated disappointing him. 

3. Sam. Sam really has influenced my life in so many ways, and so many of those ways I don't think I ever imagined would be impacted. He calms me down. He is helping me learn to soften my voice and to watch me tone. He helps me take off my hard exterior. He has helped me learn to never judge on first appearance and that people are capable of change. He is the least judgmental person I know. He is so likable and has taught me to just relax and enjoy where I am. 

4. Alyson. My sister Alyson has influenced my life in more ways than I really would like to admit. She is very good at paving her own path and helping me see things I want and don't want in life. She has taught me what unceasing forgiveness looks like. 

5. Kati. Kate has always been someone that I have looked up to. She has shown me how to be myself and how to be comfortable with that. She is such an amazing listener. She has helped me see that I can be my own person and still fit in with people around me. She has also been a big influence me trying to get my education. 

6. Ashlee. Me and Ash have always been close (mostly because we shared a room growing up and had no choice). Ash is the one has helped me see how what I do affects other people. She is taught me more about emotions and relationships just by watching her than I ever learned on my own. She has shown me what courage and adventure look like, and that doing hard things is the best thing ever. 

7. My grandparents. I have the sweetest Grandma that has influenced my life in so many ways. She is another great example of a hard working woman inside and outside of the home. My Grandma Mack influenced my life by showing me that you are never too old for adventure. She also taught me how to be a spitfire. My grandpas both showed me what hard work looks like and that giving service is the best way to be remembered. 

8. My friends. I have had a best friend since I was only a few months old. She has been such a great influence in my life. She has shown me such undying loyalty and friendship. She has always stood up for me and looked out for me. I would also say that I have had other friends in my life that have shown me exactly what I don't want in life, and I am equally grateful for that insight. 

9. My sister's ex-boyfriend. This may seem crazy but he showed me exactly what I don't want in a boyfriend and spouse. He taught me all the signs of what an abusive, controlling, manipulative person looks like. Almost to a fault I avoid everything that looks like him now. I am grateful to be able to see that so early in life  what I do not want, and was able to avoid a lot of heartache because of it. As much as I hated him, he did impact me life. 

10. I can't think of any one else right now. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment