Wednesday, January 2, 2013

24 Weeks {December 31, 2012}

These weeks are continually just flying by. I am still torn on if I like it or not. I am sure when I get to the final weeks I will want them to fly by. I have still been doing pretty good. Nothing too crazy or different happening. The only change is that my back hurts when I sleep. Its like it can't handle all the pressure in one position for too long. I have found if I put a pillow under my ribs I can sleep in one position a lot longer.

I can feel the baby move SO MUCH now. I LOVE it!! Sam has yet to feel it on the outside though. Sweet little Gator likes to lay his head on my tummy whenever I will let him. I think he can hear the baby moving. Its funny because when he puts his head on my tummy I feel like the baby kicks more. Its like they are already having a tug of war for attention. I kind of love it.

We got a crib. I am SO glad to have that part done. We still need to get a mattress for it, but we are well on our way to having a complete nursery. Once I get the mattress and bedding done, I will post pictures. Here are few little sneak peaks though. I have been getting my craft on lately, and am loving the bright pops of color in his room.

All the stores should be starting to get their spring and summer clothes out soon and I can hardly wait. I feel like all the clothes I have bought recently are so big and will take more than a few months before he fits into them. I am ready to buy stuff I know he can actually wear this year. His sad little closet is still looking pretty empty. Which brings me to another topic- a baby shower. My sweet sisters have offered to throw me one, but for some reason I feel weird about it. I don't know why I am feeling so weird or why I am making it a big deal, but I totally am. (I am blaming hormones). My first concern is that I am older and I can afford to buy my own stuff, I feel a little guilty inviting people to give gifts knowing that I can afford to get them myself. I feel like showers are for younger moms who literally just cannot afford to buy all the things they'll need. (I know that's not the whole point of a shower, but I feel like its a big part). My second concern is that I am not sure who I would invite. I haven't really been great a maintaining my relationships and I feel a little weird about sending an invite to someone I haven't talked to in months. That seems like a cry for gifts to me. I know this is a little dramatic, and I know that I need stop making a big deal out of nothing. I wish there are a tactful way to put on the invite 
"Please don't feel like you need to bring a gift, just come and celebrate this sweet baby and eat food with us. If I haven't seen in in forever, that's part of the reason I sent an invite, so we could catch up!"
Any suggestions?
Yay for hormones making me crazier than I already was! :)

{Week 24--- December 31, 2012}

Dear Baby:

Your mom is nuts, and I apologize right now for being so crazy. At least I'm not oblivious to it. I hope we can make it through this together. I'll feed you and change your diaper if you help to make me less crazy. Deal?

I have been crafting all kinds of things for you and your room. I finished sewing a few more little blankets for you and I started sewing little diaper clutches. They are little pockets that have everything inside that we'll need to change your diaper on the run. I also made a cute little sign for your room, and got some of the frames ready. I printed off one of my favorite pictures of your dad wakeboarding to hang in your room. I bet you will love to look at it too.

I can feel you move a lot more now. Its fun to feel you wiggle and kick around. I noticed that you wiggle a lot more when certain songs come on the radio. I always say its because you're dancing. (You especially love when Carly Rae Jepson comes on). Gator likes to lay his head on my tummy and listen to you. You always move a lot more when he does that. I think you two are going to be best friends. He sure is excited for you to get here.

After you are born I am going to stay home with you for a while. Your aunt Ashlee has the summer off and so hopefully we will get to hang out with her a lot. I told her I want to take you swimming, she doesn't think you will be big enough to like the water, hopefully you are like me and your dad and just love the water. I am excited to spend all that time with you. I think we're going to have a lot of fun.

We're getting really excited for you to come, and can hardly wait to meet you.

Love you!

Love, Mom

Here I am at 24 weeks (oh and I caved, those crazy printed pants are MATERNITY pants).





No comments:

Post a Comment