Friday, August 10, 2012

Getting Started

So, here's the start of my personal history. Some of the questions I am not going to answer because this is still the internet and I really don't want to get too carried away here. So, I will start by picking some sections and answer the ones I want to:

Marriage:
*How did you meet your spouse?  Was it love at first sight or did it take some time?
We started hanging out with the same group of friends toward the end of high school. I remember going to hang out with his friend a couple of times and not really liking him, in fact I liked his friends. I kept going to hang out and one night he ended up being really funny, and the rest, as they say, is history.

*How long did you date before you got engaged?  How long was your engagement?
We dated for 3 years-- almost to the day. We got engaged on March 27th and we got married June 28th.

*How did you get engaged?  (The story.)
Sam's sister was really sick and had been lifeflighted to PCMC. We were at Sam's house cleaning up the basement before we took off to go see her, and he asked me while we were getting ready. It was really sweet.

*Who did most of the wedding plans?  Who helped?
I did most of the planning- my mom and Sam's mom helped A LOT! In fact, Sam's mom sewed all the skirts that the girls wore. It was really sweet of her. 

*Who were your bridesmaids/best men? 
We didn't have bridesmaids or best men. 

*Describe the details of your wedding:  the colors, the cake, the decorations, etc.
It was a REALLY simple wedding. My colors were just bright colors. We had gerber daisies and lemon and limes as the center pieces. If  I could do it now, I would do it SOOOO different. Live and learn. 

*Where did your wedding take place?  Who performed the ceremony?  Do you remember any words of advice given?
We got married in the St. George Temple. I honestly can't remember the guys name. We had our reception and the Relief Society Hall in Washington. 

*Who attended your wedding?
So many people. We are seriously so lucky to have so much family and friend support. I honestly can't remember everyone that came, luckily we did a sign in book. The one thing that I really remember is that my Uncle Tom came to the temple. We was really sick with cancer and the time, and has since passed. It was really special to have him there. 

*Where did you go on your honeymoon?  What adventures did you have?
We went to California. We sat on the beach, went shopping, and to an Angels game. It was really fun. I made Sam plan it and he did such a good job. The one thing I remember about after the wedding was that the next weekend was the 4th of July. My niece was dancing at the Stadium of Fire, and before we got married I agreed to watch one of my other nieces. She was 4 at the time. So, the first weekend married we had a sweet little house guest. It was so funny, I think that kind of set the tone for the rest of our marriage, me making plans and Sam going with the flow. Oh, and the week after that I left for New York for a week. Hahaha no Honeymoon Period at our house. It was perfect for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment