Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Personal

I have waited write about an experience that I had for a number of reasons. The first being that it was just too special to share at that moment. The second being I was still processing my experience, and the third reason was because I needed to figure out how to write about the experience but maintain privacy... so hopefully I have that all figured out.

I recently had one of the most spiritual experiences of my whole entire life. It was life changing. Although the details will not be shared here, I wanted a way to document it and keep it forever. I figured the best way to talk about about the experience without sharing details regarding the experience was to share what I came out of it with. The first thing I gained was a much deeper understanding that our Heavenly Father knows us all SO personally. He knows us so much better than we know ourselves. He knows our families better than we could ever possibly grasp. The second thing I gained was a knowledge that no matter what we are going through, he is there. The footsteps poem has been in my head ever since the experience. The third thing I learned is that sometimes our Heavenly Father blesses us not with being able to understand things, but with not being able to understand things. Sometimes not understanding our situations is the greatest gift we can have.

I am eternally grateful for this experience, and I will protect it with everything I have. I am so blessed to have people in my life that are so in tune with the spirit that just being around them brings greater spiritual understanding. I am grateful for boundaries and the great power we have by setting them, and sticking to them.

I realize this post is a little hard to follow and doesn't make sense to anyone except me, but it is purely for my benefit. I need to have a little reminder of my experience and something that when I re-read this will help remind me of all the things I learned through it. I am so grateful for spiritual experiences and the clarity that comes with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment