Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Growing up {September 23, 2014}

I feel like over the past couple of weeks Hayes has really grow and grown up a lot. He just seems so much bigger and more independent lately. It's crazy how you can literally wake up one morning and feel like they are bigger and older. I was talking to Sam and realizing that in a very short few weeks Hayes will be 18 months old! Holy cow! That's nuts! Today even, as I was looking at him he just seemed more like a boy than a baby or a toddler. Watching him grow up is bittersweet. I am so excited for him and so happy for all the milestones he meets and all the adventure that awaits him. The bitter part comes in just when I realize how fast it's all going by. I don't long for it to come back, just to slow down. I really don't want him to stay my baby forever, I want him to grow up and to do great things, I am just in constant shock at how quickly goes by.

He is so smart. He can say the sounds to almost all of his letters. He know what most animals say (except that cat, we always get a RAWR! but I guess that partially correct) ;) He is walking so much better and aside from a few balance things, really is doing well. He can go pretty fast now and will some what stay with me when we walk into stores or to the park. He's a great eater. He LOVES fruit more than anything else. He loves to eat whole pieces of fruit, like a whole pear, or a whole peach. It's amazing to me how well he does with handling them and eating the whole thing. His favorite movie is still Frozen, but he also likes Tangled and Monsters INC. He cries when we put on Tarzan, because he knows that means nap time is coming. He loves cars and books. He loves to be outside. He gets nervous when people talk to him. He doesn't like yelling. Like he threw his toy house and it hit Sam in the face and Sam yelled "OUCH!" Hayes instantly started bawling and wouldn't go to Sam for a good twenty minutes. He use to be scared of the blender, but now he thinks its funny. His favorite book is still the Very Hungry Caterpillar, but he also likes the Five little Monkeys and some color books that we have. He is a pretty good sleeper and usually only wakes up if he has a tummy ache or something like that. He is almost always happy and has a really happy high pitched scream that everyone hates, but I secretly love.

He is absolutely light of my life and brings me so much joy. Parenthood is by far the most rewarding endeavor I have even been on and I feel beyond blessed to call this sweet boy mine. I am truly grateful that me and Sam got married in the temple so that Hayes is ours forever.



Dear Hayes:

You sweet little boy. I am just obsessed with you. You are so funny and so silly and so full of life. You are so simple and you help me slow down and realize that I need to enjoy beautiful weather and grass. You show me that there are so many good things in this world. You make me want to create more good things in this world.

I know I've told you this before, but morning time with you is my favorite. Getting you out of your bed and singing good morning is the highlight of my dad. Your happy expressions and your squeals literally lift me up. I can tell you are going to make lots of friends and that people are going to be drawn to you. You are magnetic and you have a smile and a laugh that is so contagious.

I love to watch you explore and figure out the world around you. You are so curious and you love to try new things and to see things in different ways. I love to watch you figure out things and I love to see how your mind works. You are so smart and you have the ability to do great things. You are so resilient. You jump right back up when you fall down. Don't ever loose that, when you fall down, jump right back up and keep going. You are the biggest blessing in my life and I am forever grateful that I get to be your mom and that I get to watch you grow. I really consider every day with you a blessing and I cherish each day I get to spend with you. I feel like my life really started when you were born and has grown and blossomed as you have grown. Each new stage of your life is better than the last, and for that, I am excited to see what the future holds for you. I love you forever.

Love, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment