Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Backyard in the evening






The weather has seriously been AMAZING lately and our backyard in the evenings is the best place to be. Hayes is absolute heaven. As soon as he's done with dinner, he goes running to the backyard and yells "Grass! Grass!" He loves it! Sam and I have been sitting back there and watching him and Gator play, and let me tell you what, its one of the best ways to end a day. When we're back there, it makes me feel like this was the whole reason we got a backyard and that all of our hard work and time and money were totally and 100% worth it. We obviously still have big dreams for more improvements, but right now, its perfect.
 
I don't know if all the lessons I have learned are starting to sink in, but I really feel like I am just enjoying each of these moments. I know there is always room for improvement, but I can honestly say I haven't wished one second of Hayes's childhood so far away. I have really tried to be present for each little thing. I am grateful that I maybe learned something, but it also scares me in a way. When you really enjoy a moment, you do it, knowing that it won't last. That feeling is what makes you enjoy it so much, and feeling like I get that, scares me a bit. Does that even makes sense? I am grateful I enjoy these things, and maybe it's just because I'm older, but I don't feel like I'm one of those mom's that's like "Oh my, we have to throw rocks again! Geez, this is boring!" I feel like I am "Yeah! Lets throw rocks and pick grass, and explore the planters! This time is too important to miss!" No matter the reason, I'm glad that I get the chance to thoroughly enjoy this little boy of mine. What a huge blessing he is to me!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment