Sunday, September 7, 2014

Everyday adventures {September 5, 2014}

I'm not sure what it is, but Hayes can turn every day errands into something pretty great without even trying. The other day I needed to go in and get my oil changed and pick up the plates for my car. I was worried about taking Hayes because he can get pretty wild in places where we have to wait for any amount of time. I took him anyways and hoped for the best. 

Right when we got there as we were handing over the keys, the clerk gave Hayes a shiny red toy car! It was really cute and Hayes was SO excited, but of course wouldn't say anything because he gets pretty shy. Then, as we were waiting in the waiting area, another gentleman who worked there asked if Hayes would like a balloon off of one of the new cars! It was GIANT! Hayes was THRILLED! We tied it to his shorts and he had a hay day chasing that thing around and trying to check it out. Literally, before we knew it the car was done and we were on our way. 

So many times I hear (and have experiences a few) that people are SO rude and intolerant of people and their children, but it seems like especially lately, we have had interactions with some really kind and thoughtful people. They are all so sweet and don't seem to mind Hayes and his screams and running around. It's nice to have that! Hayes is one lucky little guy, it was like Christmas with all the things we walked away with. I hope he doesn't have an expectation now, or he might end up really disappointed in the future. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment