Monday, October 8, 2012

Its True, We're Having a BABY!! {August 31, 2012}

I know you thought this day would never come (probably because I had a hard time thinking this day would ever come) but we are SO EXCITED!! I found out I was pregnant around week 5 which was the middle of August. I had to wait quite some time to tell Sam because I knew he just could not keep the secret. I have always been very nervous about telling people too soon, purely because I didn't want to have a problem and then have to face everyone in addition to dealing with the grief, but they say we are out of the woods now. Hopefully everything continues to go well. After I found out I was pregnant I started writing weekly posts, but saved them until after we were past the 12 week mark.. so now you get over loaded with updates. I love to document and keep track of things purely for my benefit. I love doing it, and having it later. I decided to start writing letters to the baby about how I am feeling and whats going on as we get ready for his or her arrival. I will still do the "traditional" baby update postings but I will just add some letters too. Sam's dad wrote them letters and was amazing about videoing special things through his childhood- so, here's us taking notes from someone smarter than us.


{August 31, 2012} 
Week 6

Dear Baby:

I am so excited for you to get here, but I've got to be honest I am pretty nervous too. Your dad doesn't know he's going to be your dad yet. I haven't told him yet because he has a hard time keeping a secret. I am planning the perfect way to tell him though. I am also starting to think of ways to tell the rest of our family that you are coming. You are going to be a pretty big deal when you get here. I think I will tell people after I run the marathon.  I bet you will be the youngest one on the marathon road, lucky you. 


It must be the hormones but even writing this letter gets me a little choked up. I feel like you are a huge blessing and a huge responsibility. I am really honored to be trusted with you and hope that you bring some instructions with you. I haven't felt you move yet, but I am really looking forward to that. I think that will make you seem more real. I have been really trying to eat healthier so that your little body can grow and be healthy. 


I have had a huge debate about running since I found out you were coming. I ran 20 miles after I found out you were on your way- but I felt anxious and nervous the whole time. I decided to tone back my training from now on. I am still going to run the marathon, I am just going to take you with me. I guess that will probably set the tone for your whole childhood- getting dragged around while I run and work out. Hopefully you're a good sport. You have been so far. You have been really nice to me and haven't made me sick yet. Hopefully that continues so we can both have a good run on marathon day. I know you will love the marathon as much as I do. 


I have been having really crazy dreams about you lately. I don't know if you're a girl or a boy- a part of me really thinks your a boy, partially because I feel like Heavenly Father has a great sense of humor and would love to see how I do with a boy (since poor Stock has been the only boy in our family and he still gets his nails painted). No matter what you are, I just hope you are healthy. I'll try to do my part, if you do yours. 


I have been thinking about what to name you. I really like the name Hudson. Girl or boy, I think its cute. I still love the name Parx if you're boy. Your dad doesn't like that one very much though. We'll keep thinking I guess, but for now in my head your name is Hudson. We decided that your middle name will be Ricky. Its after your Grandpa Ricky. I bet you're spending lots of time with him right now. Tell him we say hello and to take good care of you. I bet you are meeting a lot of my favorite people up there right now. Make sure you give my Grandpas and Grandma hugs and kisses for us. We sure do miss them, you lucky little duck getting to hang out with them. 


I hope that you keep growing and getting ready to make your arrival. We will be busy getting ready for you too, I have already started to think of ideas for your nursery. I'm thinking gray and white stripes with navy blue and red! Very nautical and fun. I figure you will have to love the water since me and your dad love it so much.



Love, Mom (weird to write that) 



I haves some questions to answer so that I can make sure I don't miss any details:

When did you find out you were pregnant? 
I feel like I knew I was way before the test confirmed it. I was late, and I have NEVER been late in my whole life. I can time when I will start almost to the hour. Its crazy actually. I took 3 pregnancy test and they all said negative- I was slightly discouraged but in my head I still feel like I was. A week later Kati made me take another test and who would have guessed- It was POSITIVE!

Have you been sick?
Luckily not really. Sometimes at night I feel a little nauseated but its not anything really and it doesn't disrupt my sleep at all.

Cravings?
Kind of. I have been loving to cut up bananas and melt some chocolate over the top of them. I eat that all the time. I have also been loving salty chips. The good thing is though I can just take a little bag with my to work and that's all I need. I don't feel like I really crave them though. I guess the one thing is, I have can hardly wait to go get my soda. I know, I know its bad for you, but I don't get one every day and I try to only drink a little part of it. Just enough to get my fix. I told Kate about it, she said that it just meant that this baby really was a part of our family with the soda cravings. hahaha.

Stretch Marks? 
Thank heavens no. I don't feel like I am showing AT ALL. Luckily, how awful would that be to start growing this early on. The only changes I notice are that my boobs are started to get bigger-- I feel like I got a free boob job- Whoo hooo!

Movement?
Nope, but since I am pretty sure the baby is still just a mass of cells I wouldn't expect to feel that.

Sleep?
I sleep like a champion. I can literally sleep anywhere- but I have been that way forever. I once slept on a concrete floor in the airport- and on horse buggy in NYC.

Symptoms?
My right upper ribs really hurt a lot. Sam says its because I have bad posture, but it had bothered me since my crash more than a year ago. It just seems like it has been getting more bothersome. I am also pretty tired a lot, and weirdly hotter than usual. I sleep with the fan and AC on, Sam freezes.

Maternity clothes?
Nope. I wear pretty loose fitting clothes generally though, so I think I will be ok for awhile.

Looking forward to?
My first appointment which is scheduled for September 24th. I am also really excited to get a nursery ready.

Best moment of the week? 
Writing this post, and having this baby start to feel more real.

Something I want to remember from this week?
I got a pregnancy tracker app and I read it every day. I love learning whats going on and seeing whats forming. On the app it said that people are often times pretty sick during this time- I feel lucky that I'm not, but also strangely a little disappointed. I feel like if I was sick it would seem more real and like something was changing. But, mostly I feel glad that I feel fine and am continuing life like normal.

Something I am working on:
Drinking more water.

Here's me at week 6- see what I mean about the loose fitting clothes- I could hide a baby bump for many weeks under my current wardrobe.








No comments:

Post a Comment