Monday, October 22, 2012

14 Weeks {October 22, 2012}

{October 22, 2012}

Well, we are into the 2nd trimester! I feel like depending on what I'm wearing I am showing more. Like today- Whoa! Look at that bump!



Yesterday I wore a dress with leggings and I don't think it was as obvious. Tighter clothes= more showing. 

We have been vacationing the past week in Miami, the Caribbean, and New York. I was SO worried about flying and getting sick, and even more worried about being on a cruise and getting sick. Luckily it wasn't too horrible. I would not, however, recommend cruising while you're pregnant. The heat, the smells, the different food, and all the people were not an ideal combination. We were pretty lazy on the cruise and spent a lot of time taking naps, sitting in the pool, and ordering room service. We did work out 3 times though, which was really nice. New York was much better place for me. It was cooler and the swaying was kept to a minimum. I absolutely LOVE New York in the fall. It was by far my most favorite time of year there.
 More on that later. 

I have been getting car sick pretty easily.
I ate Indian food for the first time- and it was good and it didn't make me sick- all good things.
Walking makes me feel so much better- I just have to convince my head that I need to walk. 
I felt really tired on the cruise- but had much more energy in the city. 
I am really loving the name Lennon if our baby is a girl. I still love Hudson for a boy. 
Sam is starting to like Hudson more. 
I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow- I am really anxious to hear the heart beat again. 
I still have absolutely NO idea if its a boy or a girl.
Sam is super protective and is always making sure I take my vitamin, eat all my food, and have a snack for later. Its sweet- but can get REALLY annoying too. 
I am excited to start showing, and looking like I am pregnant and not just fat. 
I actually lost a pound- go figure. 
Me and Sam talked about how we can't wait to take our little baby on trips. We are both excited for him or her to be old enough for Disneyland. I want to take him or her to Hawaii in a couple of years. 

{Week 14 October 22, 2012}

Dear Baby:

You have now run a marathon, been to New York, Miami, Key West, and Mexico. You are getting a lot done in there. You did really good on the cruise and flying. I was really glad. You are starting to show in my tummy and its fun to know that you are growing in there. Tomorrow is my next doctor's appointment and I can't wait to hear your little heart beat again. I am most excited to have an ultrasound in the next month or so. I am SO excited to see you. My tracker says you are about the size of an orange now, you still have a lot of growing to do, but good job so far. You have really come a long ways. 

Our little buddy Gator is doing much better. We are so excited to for you to meet him. I think he will just love you. Everyone in our family is just getting so excited for you to come. Your aunt Kati is getting married soon, so you will have another uncle by the time you get here. You can go to the wedding, you just have to go in my tummy. I bought a dress today to wear, one that both you and me will fit into. 

Its almost Halloween time, next year at this time we will be dressing you all up. What would you want to be? You will only be 6 months, so probably no trick or treating for you yet, but you will have plenty of time for that later. We can't wait to celebrate holidays with you.

How is everyone in Heaven? I bet my Grandpas are just cracking you up huh? They are both pretty funny guys- I know at least my Uncle Tom is making you laugh. He's a such a kidster.  Is your Grandpa Ricky is teaching you his rhyming jokes (you better not repeat the swear words)? Tell them we love them and say hello!

Keep growing strong and we will see your cute face in April. 

Love, Mom

This is what size our little baby is now, and yes, I ate that right after I took the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment