Monday, October 8, 2012

11 Weeks {October 1, 2012}

{October 1, 2012}

I haven't really had a lot of time of think about being pregnant lately because of what has been going on with Gator. I started feeling pretty sick on Friday and didn't feel really any better until Sunday. I have chalked it up to not eating very well and not drinking enough water while I trying to take care of Gator. I am starting to feel more human like today, but am left with canker blisters on my lips from being dehydrated and run down (we didn't sleep well even after Gator came home). It's ok though, I would rather have these gross blisters and have Gator be ok. When I went to see Gator at the clinic I told him I really needed him to get better so he could help me when the baby came, it was strange to say that, and even stranger to really feel that way. It was surreal. I feel like we got a little taste of how things may feel if something happened to our baby. It was just awful.

I think some cravings have started. On Saturday I begged Sam to pick me up some chips and salsa and boneless buffalo wings from Chilis. It sounded SO good, and it WAS! I also ate ice cream by choice the other day- weird. I have never really liked ice cream very much, but it tasted really good.

The marathon is hanging in the back of my head- I have NO idea what to do! I am hoping clarity comes really soon.

I told my Grandma today. She was SO excited and told me she was going to dance today because she was so happy for us. I just love her, and loved being able to tell her that. There are quite a few babies coming to my family next year, I told her she is going to have a very busy year. She told me she couldn't ask for anything better than that.

{October 1, 2012- Week 11}

Dear Baby:

I have been pretty sick the past few days because of you, but its ok, I don't mind. I would rather be sick knowing that you are coming than not be sick at all. You are worth it. I used you as leverage to help Mr. Gator get better, I hope you don't mind. Your childhood just wouldn't be the same without him, I think you two will be best friends. He's such a good dog and will protect you. I think you are going to need him around as much as we do.

I still don't know if you're a boy or a girl. I have an easier time imaging you as a boy, but I am not sure if that really means anything. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Grandpa Mike thinks your a girl, but almost everyone else thinks you're a boy. We were talking about names and Grandpa Mike said he didn't like the name Hudson, but I don't care, I still like it. I would love if everyone would give us ideas though. I think deciding on names will be much easier when we know if you are boy or a girl. Hopefully the end of November we'll know.

I am not sure if me and you are up to running the marathon this year. I still really want to run it with you, but I worry about you (and me) a lot. Will you be ok if I decide to run? Will I be ok if I decide not to run? Baby, you sure do complicate things, but in the best way. I decided I will decide on Friday what I am going to do. Hopefully you will help me decide, I mean its your race too.

I have seen other mom's getting their babies ready for Halloween and it makes me excited to think that next year we will buy you a costume. I am so excited to start new traditions and enjoy the holidays in a whole different way after you get here. I feel like you are going to make life so much more fun.

I am getting more and more excited to meet you. The more people around us that know, the more real you become. Keep growing strong and getting ready to meet everyone in April.

Love, Mom.

Pregnancy update:

I got super sick this week, like just could not stop throwing up. I didn't know if it was baby related or something else. I have about decided that it was some kind of 24 hour bug because I am starting to feel much better. I feel horrible for those girls who are so horribly sick their whole first trimester (and beyond). I really have been SO lucky to have my symptoms be fairly minimal.



My earlier comment about my loose fitting clothing is becoming more and more apparent, right? I am so glad I am going to be able to wear tunics, leggings, and boots for most of this pregnancy- that is literally like one step away from PJS but looks like you tried at least a little bit. The last picture is my sad blisters on my lips, and my tired face from throwing up for the past two days. Its exhausting to be sick like that. 

I still have not drank or wanted to drink soda- at all.

I have been loving listening to Fleetwood Mac lately. I read that babies can start hearing things now, and I think Fleetwood Mac is a great choice for the baby to listen to. 

I had to tell my boss this week, because I have been so sick and didn't want him to think I was flaking or whatever. He was really nice about things, and said to just do what I could. That made me feel a lot better. 

We have started getting things ready for our cruise that's coming up. On the check in thing for the cruise I had to initial and certify that I was not going to be more than 25 weeks pregnant when we cruise. I thought that was funny, but it makes sense. 

I am a little nervous for the cruise and for all the traveling we have coming up. I have to be so careful and make sure I eat constantly, and drink enough water and sleep enough. I worry that I am going to have a hard time with the travel. I guess I will just have to make sure I am extra prepared with snacks and water bottles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment