Monday, October 8, 2012

How I told Sam {September 25, 2012}

{September 25, 2012}

After I heard the heartbeat yesterday I knew I had to tell Sam. I had really wanted to wait until our cruise, but I just felt like that was a little too long to hold such a big secret inside, so yesterday I told him. I took pictures and its pretty self explanatory...






I got it ready while I was home for lunch and left it there for him when he got off work. He said he walked in the door and saw it, but thought it was something I had done for my dad. He said he saw the date at the end and instantly knew what it was and called me. I answered the phone and he just kept saying "Are you kidding me?" (maybe not those exact words but close). Then he said "Are you for real for real?" hahahaha I just kept laughing and saying it was real. Then he said my most favorite thing, 
"Before this, I was just a regular guy getting off work, now my whole life has changed!" 
He was THRILLED to say the least. 

After it sank in he kept calling me or texting me and saying things like 
"So that's why you've been so tired lately!" 
"So that's why you have been wanting to sleep with the fan on!" 
"Things are all starting to come together now!"

Then I told him I had heard the heart beat. He was so mad I didn't have him come with me. I guess I should have, but I just didn't know what to expect and needed to do this part on my own. They will listen to the heart beat again at my next appointment, and I will have Sam come to that one. We told my dad and Sam's mom yesterday too. I really want to wait to tell the rest of our families until after the marathon. I told Sam that after October 12th he can start telling more people. I will be about 13 weeks by then and we should be safer by then. My doc told me that since she found the heart beat our chances of miscarriage goes way down, but I am still nervous, and I don't want judgments when I run the marathon. 

I am glad Sam knows now, even though it wasn't quite the way I had wanted to tell him. He is so excited and that makes me more excited. The only problem now is that he is VERY protective. He tried to tell me I couldn't go to the gym for very long last night and that I wasn't going to run the marathon. I told him its going to be a really long pregnancy if he tries to control what I do like that. He says stuff like that more to get a rise out of me and to be funny, but I know he is partially serious. That's why I love him though.  

I still can't believe that:

We're going to be PARENTS! 



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Congratulations. I hadn't heard the news yet, so this was fun to pop on over to your blog and find out for myself. We're excited for you! I know it doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl...but would it be fun if you were having a boy too? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We are THRILLED! We haven't really announced anything officially, so I am sure that's why you haven't heard. I am just over 12 weeks, so its still a little early. I would LOVE if we had a boy too! That would be so fun. We are so excited for you guys. When are you due?

      Delete
    2. Well, we promise to keep our lips zipped until the official announcement comes out. I am due on Feb 24, and we're having a boy. I'm sure you know Natalie is due Feb. 19 and just found out she is also having a boy... so that's why I am voting for a boy. I love having my little girl, and I know you would too. They are SO much fun to dress up. So either way, we're excited for you guys!

      Delete
    3. Oh Kylene, I don't mind if people know. The word is spreading around pretty fast. I did hear about Natalie. I didn't realize you guys were due so close to the same time. That will be so fun! We love looking at pictures of Sophie at Grandma's when we are there. You always have the cutest pictures of her!

      Delete