Thursday, July 19, 2012

Finally, a good run

Since my car crash I have had a really hard time working out. Part of it is the physical side. I do still have problems from my crash and I really lost all of my fitness by being out of it for so long. Part of it I think is mental. I haven't done it in so long, but I still remember what it was like to work out before the crash and now when I try and its a lot harder, and I get more frustrated. Well, last night was a turning point for me. I had the BEST run I have had in a long time! I have really struggled running and have really tried to do other things because it has been so hard. The problem with that is that ,the only way I can really loose weight is by running. All of the other activities (elliptical, spinning, walking, biking) seem to help me maintain but I don't see a lot of progress weight wise. I have run enough to be able to keep training, but I will admit it, I have been slacking because its hard. On Saturday we ran the Bryce Canyon Half, and it was so hard for me. I just do not have the stamina that I use to have. I give up way too easily. I finished, but I by no means pushed myself very hard. I was disappointed.

After that run, I decided it was time to stop being lazy and kick things back into gear. I decided I needed to do some more consistent running through out the week. So, Monday I ran 7 miles on the treadmill. It sucked. I had to do a lot of stopping and starting and I hated that. So, last night I tried again. I got on and started and it SUCKED even worse than Monday. I could not run hardly at all, so I got off and did the elliptical for 45 min. I did not want to leave without at least trying again (and I like to do an hour of cardio) So, I hoped back on the treadmill, and to my surprise it felt good. I felt strong again. I ran, and I didn't have to stop and start. It felt amazing. I needed that! I am so glad to have a good run and to remember what it is like to like running and to feel good at running. I really forgot just how much I love running!

No comments:

Post a Comment