Thursday, December 13, 2012

Telling the Family {September 26, 2012}


We told my family and Sam's parents the big news last week and it was so much fun. I am trying to remember everyone's reactions:

My Dad "Its about dang time" "So I guess we don't need to talk about where babies come from?" haha I either get his sense of humor more as I get older, or he's getting funnier in his old age :)

Ash: "I thought you might be, I mean you stopped drinking soda!"

Alyson: "Oh, I thought you were! You have been looking so tired lately." haha

Mom - even though she already knew- "Kac we need to tell people soon, I am dying to tell DeAnn!"

Kate-even though she already knew- "Yeah! Congratulations!"

Sydney: "I am so excited for you guys! I won't tell anyone until you're ready! You guys will be great parents!" "I can't believe you could keep it a secret from Sam for so long!" "The girls are going to freak!"

Ali- "Are you serious?? I am just so happy"- and crying. It was SO sweet

Brandi: "I am so excited! I am coming down for sure, when... April? Ok, I'll be there!" Brandi was THRILLED, and it made Sam even more excited

Brooke: "Oh my gosh are you serious!? Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!" Brooke texted later and asked if she could tell Alex. :) We love that everyone is as excited as we are!

Sydney reminded us that this will be Grandma Susan's first great grand baby. She will be so excited!

Sam is being the sweetest lately. He started reading all the books and pamphlets they gave me at the doctor and has looked at my pregnancy tracker app too. He is so excited and can't wait for the whole world to know. I am so lucky to have him. He seriously has given me all the reactions and excitement I had hoped he would and is really taking the whole thing seriously. He wants to come to the appointments, and wants to read the books. I am so glad he is such a good guy. He checks on me through out the day and is willing to do whatever I need or want him too. I think with the excitement of everything I am getting extra spoiled, but I'll take it even if its just for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment