Monday, December 24, 2012

Salt Lake {December 22, 2012}

We went up to Salt Lake to see Ms. Kati and to get some last minute Christmas shopping done. I was so excited when Ash agreed to come with us. We got up there late on Friday, spent the whole day Saturday shopping and enjoying downtown, then picked up and left Sunday morning. It was quick, and so good. Justin was so nice and made us an AMAZING breakfast on Saturday morning.

We shopped most of the day at City Creek. It was so fun and festive. It felt like Christmas. The candy windows and Macy's were AMAZING! We got to meet up with Aunt Kim and Liz for a bit at the mall. and then we met up with Ali and Lukas at IKEA. We got some really fun stuff for the baby and for Ali's bridal shower at IKEA. I also got the baby some really cute jeans at H&M. Its weird to buy things in so many different sizes, I just have no clue what size he'll be, so I have just guess and hope that they work.

Sam had a hard trip. He got dragged around a mall and then IKEA for hours. He made it pretty clear he was not happy about being there. Then, poor guy got sick on Saturday night and was pretty miserable. I am guessing he will probably never come to Salt Lake with me again. Hopefully if we have to go up again he can find something else to do during the day than go shopping.

I finally broke down and bought some maternity clothes. I got some crazy printed jeans and a maroon top. My sisters talked me into it. I must have looked crazy trying to squeeze into my old clothes, and they were embarrassed for me. :)

On Saturday evening we walked around Temple Square and saw all the lights. It was AMAZING, and SO busy! It was incredible to see all the lights and nativity scenes. So beautiful.

All in all it was a good trip, and I was so happy to see Kati and Ali. I miss those sweet girls.









No comments:

Post a Comment