Friday, November 9, 2012

{November 9, 2012} Pregnancy Thoughts

Being pregnant has been such a new experience for me on so many different levels. When I was younger I would always joke that I didn't want kids, and I sure as hell never wanted to be pregnant. My friend reminded me last night that I tried to convince her to be a surrogate for me if I ever decided I wanted kids. To think back to how I felt then, and then compare it to what I feel now, I feel like a completely different person. I have never felt so honored to be able to carry this sweet baby. It seems strange to me to not only enjoy most parts of being pregnant, but to actually feel really blessed to be able to do it, its a whole new level. It's hard for me to explain just how inadequate I feel. I do not regret the feelings I had before, I needed to feel that way to be able to be where I am today. It's just so strange to do such a complete 180, and to feel like I can understand both sides.

I feel like being pregnant is a pretty spiritual experience. I feel like I am part of this amazing miracle. Its almost like I feel like I have a little part of Heaven with me, which I guess is exactly what this little one is. I was talking to my friends last night and shared my feelings of how I can't understand how someone could be pregnant and still not believe in God. Its unfathomable to me. I feel like there is so much evidence of  Heaven and our Heavenly Father in pretty much every aspect of pregnancy. This little quote/photo is constantly in my head:


I feel like I need to find a way to incorporate into the baby's room, or at least in my house somewhere. I think it would be fun to have a picture of our little one, or the ultrasound or something as the background.  

I started cleaning out the room for the baby this week, and my freakin heck, I have so much crap! I am going to have to slowly go through things and really throw away EVERYTHING we don't need. Its just gross how much stuff we have that we don't need. No more hoarding for the Weldins. We are going to have a nice clean, organized house at least for the when the baby comes home. No promises after that. 

I bought the first baby items for this little one. Since we don't find out what it is until next week I went neutral. Here's what I bought:
Yup, plain white onesies. Pretty exciting right. 

Striped onesies. I would dress a girl or a boy in these ones. I told Sam its just what I put with them that will change depending on if this one is a girl or a boy. I love stripes so I feel like this poor kid is going to get stuck in them all the time. 

I think I need to start buy diapers, they just aren't as fun to buy, and to be honest I don't know what kind or brand to buy. Any suggestions? 




2 comments:

  1. Cute baby clothes. I can't wait to find our what you're having.

    As far as diapers are concerned, they really depend on your baby. Sophie did great in Pampers for about two months, and then Huggies were the only things that held in even the largest of blow-outs. I know, TMI, but you asked... Plus some babies are bigger when they are born and never fit in the Newborn size. So I would wait to what the hospital gives you or whatever you get any from a baby shower before committing to one brand. If you're set on buying diapers, I would get one package of each and wait until baby comes to buy more. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the one I have been seeing consistently with moms is Huggies. Everyone has said they have used them or are still using them. I start getting a few packs, but keep my receipts just in case. Thanks Kylene! How are things going for you? You don't have too much longer until that little guy is here!

      Delete