Monday, November 12, 2012

17 Weeks {November 12, 2012}

Sometimes it seems like time is flying by, and other times it seems like its dragging. Its weird. Part of my can't believe that its almost Thanksgiving and that I am already 17 weeks, but the other part of me feel like I have been waiting for this time forever. Crazy how that works. I am feeling really pretty good. I got A LOT accomplished this weekend, for the first time in a long time I actually really cleaned my house. Its AMAZING how much better I feel when my house is completely clean and things are all put away. I am still working on getting the room cleaned out for the baby. I really only have a few small things left that I have to figure out where I want to put them. I got rid of a BUNCH of stuff and I think I will have at least one more big load of throw away and give away before I'm done. McKall is always really happy when I get rid of clothes, because most all of them end up in her closest. Its like a free shopping trip.

I still can't decided what or how I am going to decorate the baby's room. I know I want a white crib, and I want to incorporate gray into it. I guess it will get a lot easier once I actually know what the baby is. I did find a dresser that I really like, and possibly a glider too (both are gray). I am going to hold off buying furniture for a little while though. I still have plenty of time to worry about that.

Pregnancy wise I really am doing pretty good. I don't feel quite as worried about food and nausea lately. I mean I need to eat regularly, but I don't get quite the panicked feeling I use to. Maybe I am just becoming a better snacker? I started eating ants on a long (you know celery, peanut butter, and raisins) and I LOVED it. It was tasty and crunchy. I have also eaten quite a few apples the past little bit. Sweets have not been quite as tempting to me as they were before I was pregnant, except the kiss candies (pretzels, hugs, and a m&m). I love those things. We made them over the weekend, and I just love them. I still have been able to pace myself and just eat a few a day. It's weird to have this much self control. I am still loving cheese things (crackers, mac and cheese, grilled cheese). I swear I eat cheese crackers every day. I especially love the white crackers (like white gold fish and white cheese its). I just love the salty and cheese combination.

My low back has been hurting me a little bit. I noticed it a lot more last night when I would get out of bed. I think I may have just over done it with all the cleaning this weekend, because it feels better this morning. Its funny how I have something happen, and then like the next day or the next week on my pregnancy app they talk about it. They really have their timing down well.

I have started compiling my "get done before baby" list. It's weird just how motivating a baby can be to get all the stupid little things done that I have put off since we moved into house 3 and a half years ago (crazy huh)!

{17 Weeks- November 12, 2012}

Dear Baby:

I am getting SO excited to find out if you are a boy or a girl. Only 4 more days. I have been working on your room this weekend. I got it almost all the way cleaned out for you. Its a nice room, I think you'll like it. I read on my app that you are just getting so big and learning to yawn! That's pretty cool.

Last week I bought you some clothes. Mostly you will wear them under neath you'r clothes, but at least you have something now. Some of the onesies I bought you have stripes. I love stripes, and you will probably have to wear them a lot. You will look cute in them. Right now its getting really cold, but I have to buy you short sleeved clothes because by the time you get here it will be warm again. I will buy you warm clothes for when you get bigger.

Since it's Thanksgiving time, maybe I should tell you what I am thankful for this year, and since I am 17 weeks pregnant I will tell you my top 17 things:

  1. I am thankful that I get to carry you and watch you grow in my tummy.
  2. I am grateful doctor's offices, and that I can go there and hear your heart beat and see you on an ultrasound. 
  3. I am grateful for healthy food to eat, and that I have so much of it around me. It makes me happy to know that I can feed you health things. 
  4. I am grateful for your Dad. He is beyond excited for you. You are really lucky to have such a good dad.
  5. I am grateful for my parents and your dad's parents. They are the best parents we could ask for, and will be the greatest grandparents to you.
  6. I am grateful for my sisters. They are my best friends, and will be the best aunts to you. 
  7. I am grateful for your dad's brother and sisters. They are so supportive and kind. You are so lucky to have such great aunts and uncles in them. 
  8. I am grateful that we have a home to get ready for you to come to. 
  9. I am grateful that I have a job so I can afford to buy you the things you need.
  10. I am grateful your dad has a job and works so hard. He is and will be a great provider for us. 
  11. I am grateful that me and your dad get to teach primary. I feel like its getting us ready to teach you. 
  12. I am grateful for such amazing friends and neighbors that are all so excited and supportive of our family. Everyone has been so kind and sweet to us about you. You will have lots of great people to meet when you get here.
  13. I am grateful for our family members that are in Heaven. I am grateful to know that you will get to spend time with them and that they can take care of you before you are born. 
  14. I am grateful for eternal families and to know that no matter what, you are mine forever. 
  15. I am grateful for all of our extended family and what amazing people they are. 
  16. I am grateful for a car to get me around in, and for seat belts to keep you and me safe. 
  17. I am grateful for our sweet dog Gator and what a fun addition he is to our family. You will just love him. 
I feel so lucky to be able to carry you and I love watching my tummy grow knowing that you are inside. I feel so lucky to be your mommy. I love you little one. 

Love, Mom

I have done so much better with walking and exercising this past week. I really feel SOOO much better when I walk and I am committed to walking pretty much every day.  I started stretching at night and it really seems to help, especially with my low back. I found this stretch online to stretch your hip flexor and have been really trying to do that a lot. It really helps. Its been pretty COLD here lately, thus my giant sweater. I have been loving to wear outfits just like this one A LOT (big sweater, short skirt, leggings, and boots). I am telling you what, I feeling really good about avoiding the maternity section, I may live in leggings but I think I can avoid it. (I hate buying clothes I can't really reuse, drives me nuts).



Sometimes, depending on what I wear I look way more pregnant than others. I kind of like that I can really emphasize it, or I can almost hid it. My favorite thing about these pictures is Gator in the corner- just watching the neighborhood cats out the window. Its our morning ritual, I get ready and he watches the cats out the window. :) 

1 comment:

  1. You have such a small pregnancy belly!!! I can't wait to see you sometime!! Babies are the best, and you and Sam are going to be the best parents! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete