Monday, November 19, 2012

18 Weeks {November 19, 2012}

Time is seriously going by SO fast! I can't hardly believe that I am almost half way done! That seems so crazy! Things have been going pretty good, I am still doing about the same. Still a little tired, but I have been sleeping really well. I feel like when I sleep its a pretty deep sleep. I have been having all kinds of crazy dreams, and the weird part not at all baby related. Just weird. One thing that has kind of been bothering me is that about 15 minutes after I start eating I get really nauseated. It only lasts for 5 or 10 minutes, but its weird. Its almost like the food has to hit my stomach and then I feel better, and to be honest being nauseated for 5 or 10 minutes is not bad. I have had a pretty mild pregnancy, and I am really grateful for that!

I feel like I can feel the baby move on my right side. The other night I woke up and felt, what I feel like is the baby moving , for like 5 minutes. It was fun to think he was up and kicking away in there. I can't wait until I can feel and see more movement. I think that will be so exciting, and I think Sam will love when he can see and feel it too.

The name is not really moving anywhere. I still am pretty set on Hudson. Sam doesn't think he likes it very much but is only coming up with really crazy other options. I think we are going to end up fighting about this until the end. My bet is that this little one ends up a sweet little Hudson :).

I finally got the whole room cleaned out and ready to be painted for baby. EVERYTHING is out. Its funny because now that its empty Sam, Gator, and I have spent more time just sitting on the floor in there, than we have the whole time we've lived there. I think its nice to just have a room completely empty. Next week we will get paint on the walls. I really want to get the room pretty put together by like February because after that things start to get a little busier, and I don't know that I will have time. I will have to wrap things up at work, Ali is getting married, and we are throwing her shower down here after that, and the big kicker, I have no idea how I am going to feel and would rather not have to worry about it. So, that's the goal. The room pretty much done by February.

These are the colors I think I want to use:

Here is some of the furniture that I like for the room:

I like the idea of having most of the things in the room be gray, white, and navy blue and then doing accents of red and mustard yellow. I think I want navy blue and white striped sheets if I can find them, and a navy blue and white chevron quilt. I also found a gray glider that I like too. I think it would be cute to have two small red and yellow pillows on the glider. Getting ideas and starting the room has been and will be a lot of fun. I am excited to see it all come together.  


{Week 18 - November 19, 2012}

Dear Baby:

You're a BOY! We are so excited that you are! We got to see on an ultra sound last week and we watched to wiggle and move for a little while. The ultra sound tech told us that you are a very active baby! You are also a silly baby. You were wiggling and moving all around and then towards the end you must have gotten tired, so you crossed your little ankles and sat down! We all laughed! The ultra sound tech also kept telling us that you have a very cute face! I bet you do! We loved being able to see, and we love knowing that you are a boy! You will be a perfect fit into our family.

I think I can feel you move sometimes. I can't feel you move much on the front of my tummy, but I think you like to kick my side. The other night you wiggled and kicked for a little while, and I loved being able to feel you getting some exercise in there. I am excited for you to get even bigger and stronger so your dad can feel you move. I think he will love that. 

I think I already told you this, but you're middle name is going to be Ricky. Its after your Grandpa Ricky. I bet you know him really well and getting to spend lots of time with him in heaven. Ricky is a very special name in the Weldin family, and we are thrilled to give it to you. I know that your Grandpa Ricky is more than happy to share it with a sweet boy like you! We don't have first name for you yet. I told you before and I still think you your name should be Hudson. I think it is such a cute name, and it reminds me of one of my most favorite places in the whole world, New York. (there is a big river that runs through New York called the Hudson River). Your dad has been coming up with really weird names, but the name he thinks he likes right now is Benji. I just can't name you Benji. It reminds of a dog that use to be on TV. I think I might win this one and get to name you Hudson. Cross your tiny little fingers! 

I bought some stuff for you to wear. I am getting excited to dress you all up once you're here. I bought you a cute navy blue and white striped beanie for when you get bigger. Its really cute and it will keep your cute little head nice and warm when it gets cold. You're dad thinks that we need to buy a boat for when you get here, can you believe that? He thinks you are going to be all ready to wakeboard next summer. Just kidding, but maybe when you get bigger we can get one and you can learn how to ride and we can so much fun on the lake as a family. I hope you like the water and the lake.

My little primary kids are really excited about you. They are always touching my tummy and saying things like "There's a good baby in there." "You have a good baby" "I love your tummy". They are so excited to meet you when you come. I think you will just love all the primary kids. I think my kids are right too, you are a good baby!

We just love you little one!

Love, Mom

Here I am at 18 weeks:





No comments:

Post a Comment