Monday, November 26, 2012

19 Weeks {November 26, 2012}

It is seriously so crazy how fast time is flying by. I can't believe that I am almost HALF WAY DONE! In some ways I feel like I just started. Being pregnant is different than what I had imagined. I think I focused more on the gaining weight and getting a huge tummy, and I just didn't realize all the other parts that go into it.  Its crazy just how many things change when you're pregnant. I was talking to my mom and Sam last night and we were talking about how much being pregnant is like running a marathon (its weird how I can relate ANYTHING back to running a marathon). Here are a few of the comparisons we came up with:

  1.  Its a slow process
  2.  It doesn't matter how much prep you put into it, you still never really feel ready and you just have to start.
  3.  You have to drink plenty of water, especially at the beginning, or the end is going to suck. 
  4.  Slow and steady is key.
  5. Some miles really suck, and others aren't as bad
  6. You chafe in places you didn't realize could chafe. 
  7. During the race a few times you are going to ask yourself "Why did I do this? Did I really want this?" haha
  8.  You have to make sure you keep eating consistently or you will crash.
  9. If you eat the wrong thing, it is really bad. 
  10. When you have to go, you have to go
  11. When your clothes don't fit just right, its the most ANNOYING thing ever, even worse than normal.
  12. Having a cheering section helps.
  13. Having a partner helps.
  14. You have to "check in" regularly and stop at "aid stations"
  15. It's a solo thing, but you never really do it alone. 
  16. It's exhausting.
  17. It's one of the biggest accomplishments of your lifetime.
  18. You have to look for the good parts, sometimes they are hard to find, but they are always there. 
  19. Throwing up is not the worst thing that can happen.
  20. You are very aware of just how vulnerable you actually are, but you have to keep going. 
  21. Being pulled off the course half way through seems like the worst possible thing while you are in the race. 
  22. Your heart breaks for the people you see pulled off the course before the finish line.
  23. Crossing the finish line seems like the scariest thing when you start, but by the end it doesn't matter how scary it is, that's the only thing you want. 
  24. After you finish your focus almost always turns to eating something really bad for you (like Cafe Rio or an entire cake). :) 
  25. Once your cross its the best feeling in the whole world. (I am excited for this part). 

I am sure there are so many more, these are just the ones I could think of. I think I do better with things once I can figure out how it relates back to a marathon. I think this is because running a marathon is one of the hardest but best things I have ever done in my whole life. I feel the same way about being pregnant. Once  I can see how its like a marathon, I think my head switches gears and I know I can do anything. Its a good feeling.

 We had such a great Thanksgiving with my mom's family. I love going with them because they all are friends and we all get a long so well. Its fun to go with family and feel like you are with friends too. It was fun because Kati was here too. I miss that girl now that she's gone.

We went to the craft fair, like we always do. It was way fun. We did some Christmas shopping and went to dinner for Kati's birthday, since she won't be here for it next week.

I think I finally picked a paint color of the the baby's room-- Silver drop by Behr. Here are couple of rooms I found online painted in the same color:



I think we'll paint next weekend. This weekend all the energy I had went to shopping and putting Christmas up. Luckily, we got Christmas all put up, and an excellent start on Christmas. Check done on feeling accomplished. 

{November 26, 2012- Week 19}

Dear Baby:

I think I can feel you move a little bit. I don't know for sure though. You are getting bigger- or least my tummy is getting bigger and I hope its you not me. I bought you some clothes this weekend, but you won't be able to wear them for a while. I bet you'll like them though. 

I worry about you a lot. I just want you to be healthy and strong and stay in there until April. I hope that's what you'll do. I think both of us will be much happier of you stay there until the middle of April (I don't think I'll even mind of you don't come until the first part of May). Just get big and strong ok! 

Its fun to think about next year at this time. I think we'll be looking for toys and Christmas jammies for you! It will probably be really different than this year, in the best way possible. We are really excited for all the fun things we will get to do with you once you get here. 

We are really excited to meet you little one! Keep growing strong and healthy! 

Love you!
Love, Mom

Pregnancy update:

I have been getting tummy aches lately. I feel like I would feel lots better if I could just lay on my stomach, but that's not happening. 

I feel like my tummy is getting bigger by the day. Its funny to watch how much it changes. 

I am still feeling pretty tired, but most times I can just push through. I feel like I have the most energy about an hour after I eat breakfast, then is slowly goes down after that. 

I have been absolutely starving in the mornings. I have to basically jump out of bed and eat something fast or I feel like I will die. I still get a little sick after I eat, but not too bad. 

I have got a few more sodas lately, but they never really taste that good and I usually only take a few drinks. I just don't really need it. 

My low back still hurts, but stretching really does help a ton

I feel so much better when I walk a lot, I just have such a hard time convincing myself to get out and do it

I still love cheese crackers. 

Here I am at 19 weeks: 




2 comments:

  1. first off you look so cute prego cant wait to meet this little guy so excited for you and sam. Second how did i not know you had a blog!! what kind of friend am i.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia!!! I didn't know you had a blog either!!! I want to follow you. What's your blog address. Lets please get together soon!

      Delete