Monday, November 5, 2012

16 Weeks {November 4, 2012}

Today I am officially 16 weeks. I feel like I am really starting to show more. It still is in that weird stage where it looks like I may have just eaten too many sweets for the past month, but luckily slowly but surely looking more like a baby. Today I feel like I am showing more than I have been, its crazy how fast things just pop out. It seems like I go to bed and wake up a little bigger each week.

This past weekend was crazy to say the least. Kate went through the temple on Thursday. I was super nervous to go because I get SO HUNGRY all the time and feel like I am going to die if I don't eat something immediately. I was also nervous because when I have to go to the bathroom- I usually have to go RIGHT NOW! There really is no grace period for hunger or the bathroom with me right now. I talked to my mom about it and was seriously tempted to bring some crackers in my pocket. I decided just to bring some hard candy to suck on. It ended up being just fine, and I did really well. Kati's friend Rachel sat by me and was thinking I was crazy because I was constantly pulling candy out of my pocket. She asked me if I had a blood sugar problem. haha We didn't figure out until the next day that she didn't know I was pregnant, once she knew that, things made a little more sense. It was funny though that she just thought I couldn't make it two hours without a snack. haha

On Friday we had Kati's bridal shower. That day was SO CRAZY! It turned out really beautiful and everything came together. I just felt crazy. I will post pictures of it later. It was so fun to have a party for her, and to have everyone over. I really do enjoy throwing parties and having get togethers. It is fun for me to have a fun environment to bring people together in. I am getting very excited to throw our gender reveal party.

Then, on Saturday it was the wedding. I will post more about the whole day later, but in a nutshell, it turned out beautiful and Kati looked gorgeous. Everything came together and I think Kati was very happy with the day, which is all the matters. We were EXHAUSTED by the end of the day, and in fact my mom and Ash look today off to recover. I should have done the same thing, next time I will plan ahead better.

I have been doing really good pregnancy wise. I have been craving cheese things lately (goldfish crackers, mac and cheese, grilled cheese) I especially love gold fish crackers. Its embarrassing how many I have eaten lately. I still don't feel like I really need treats. Our poor bowl of left over Halloween candy has just been sitting on the table- untouched. Its a little weird. Sugar just hasn't been that appealing lately... I want SALTY things. I have felt like I have had more energy and can make it through the day a little easier, but I can still sleep anywhere at the drop of a hat. I can take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and still go to bed at 9:30 like normal. Its amazing how much and how easily I can sleep.

I have still been getting nauseated if I don't eat really regularly.
I haven't really craved soda yet, but I have been able to start drinking it a little bit. Its not something that I feel like I have to have though.
I noticed that I can get really irritable. I feel like sometimes I have no patients.
I have seriously slacked on keep my house up. It seems like I have messes everywhere, and no desire to clean them up.
I have to get up a lot in the night to go to the bathroom, but can always go right back to sleep
I noticed that for a few minutes after I eat I feel a little sick.  I think the food just has to get to my stomach, and then I feel better.
I have started feel like this little one is a girl, which means I have no clue because for the longest time I really thought it was a boy.
My uncle started teasing me it was twins (so it was both a girl and a boy). I don't think we're having twins.
I have still been having little pains in my stomach, especially on the sides. It hasn't gotten more intense, or longer so I haven't worried.
I have come to realize how vulnerable being pregnant makes me feel. I can worry about everything under the sun, but at the end of the day, I have no control over what happens. I don't really like that.


{16 Weeks- November 5, 2012}

Dear Baby:

I am so lucky you have been so nice to me. You hardly ever make me sick, and you just let me get the things done that I really need to do. I still haven't felt you move yet, but I cannot wait until I do. I think that will be the coolest thing.

We went to the temple with Kati last week and I couldn't help but feel like you were probably there with our family.  That's my favorite part of going to the temple, its knowing that people in heaven are so close. I love knowing that they are right by us, and that they don't miss out on things like weddings just because they are gone (or haven't come yet). I hope you remember that when you're here. If you start missing all those fun people up there, just go to the temple and they will be there waiting for you. I was so glad that when I went there, I felt like you were there too. I am SO excited to meet you.

We get to find out if you are a girl or a boy in 10 days! I am SO excited! It will be fun to start getting things for you once we know. You are showing more and more in my tummy lately. Its fun to know you are growing. You are such a miracle, little one. I feel so lucky to be able to carry you. I feel like being pregnant is a pretty spiritual experience. Its amazing to me that my body, and your body just know what to do to make you perfect. I don't know how anyone could be pregnant and not believe in Heavenly Father. Its too amazing  to just happen on its own, someone much smarter than anyone I know has to be behind it.

Everyone is so excited to see how your dad is once you get here. A lot of people have told us they think it would be fun if you were a girl. Your dad is kind of naughty and tells your cousin Stockden to do naughty things like hitting (you know we never hit people, right?). He is going to have to shape up before you get here, because we want him to teach you how to be nice to people. I bet you will already know that we need to be nice and not hit huh!? Maybe you can teach him how to be a good boy? (just kidding, your dad knows how, sometimes he just forgets) :)

Time is going by pretty fast. I can't believe its almost Thanksgiving time, that means I have to start getting your room together. You are just going to be here before I know it (don't come before April though, ok).

Love you.

Love, Mom



Whoa! There is a bump there! hahaha It feels kind of funny, but I have never been excited for my stomach to get big  like I am right now. Normally if I took pictures of myself every week and they changed this much, I would need an antidepressant. Not now though, I am THRILLED that it looks like a baby bump! (I am not thrilled that my BUM is getting bigger, that's not a cute look, and cannot be blamed on our sweet little baby. That's all lazy old me. Gotta hit the gym more regularly). :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment