Friday, March 29, 2013

My Sweet Grandma {March 29, 2013}

This past week my sweet grandma had to go to the hospital to get some blood clots in her legs treated. When I first heard that she was there, I was SO scared and upset. Its awful to hear that someone you care about is in the hospital. Luckily, she was able to get them treated and is doing much better.

I realize I am overly emotional right now, and have ridiculous amounts of hormones pumping through my body right now, causing my reactions to situations maybe a little dramatic. However, I always love to take a minute to really think about people in my life, and what blessings they are to me.

I am so grateful to have a grandma as wonderful as mine. She has so many amazing qualities, I literally could spend days talking about all the things I admire about her. She is the most wonderful cook and entertainer. She literally hosts our entire family once a month for dinner. She does everything perfectly, and makes it seem effortless. She puts Martha Stewart to shame. For example, at dinner we always have fresh veggies and/or fruit. 99% of the time those veggies and fruit are grown in her back yard. She makes homemade pickles and pickled beans that will change your life. She makes plum jam (yes plums grown in her yard) that I have literally eaten by the spoon full. She has a green thumb like you would not believe. Almost all of my favorite blankets have been made by this sweet lady.

My grandma's skills go above and beyond the home, which I think is one of the things I love most about her. My grandma for years was very supportive wife and mother to 6 boys. My grandpa was the county commissioner for years and was heavily involved in the community, but I am sure only made possible by the sweet lady by his side. The best part about my grandma is that she was incredibly supportive, but also very involved herself. She reminds me of a Jackie Kennedy. She is incredibly beautiful, an excellent home-maker, and then very aware and involved in her community and has made a name for herself in her own right. My grandma is involved in so many different aspect of community and family. She has done such an incredible job of balancing her role as mother and wife and independent woman.

My grandma is such a sweet lady. She is always so so happy to see us. One of my favorite things is when I walk into her house, the way she says "Hello"... she almost sings it. I am so lucky to have her in my life. I could not be prouder to call myself her grand-daughter. She is one amazing lady, and I am so glad she is ok.



I hate this picture of me, but I LOVE my grandma's face! 







No comments:

Post a Comment