Monday, March 25, 2013

36 Weeks {March 25, 2013}

Ready or not we are less than a month away from "D-Day".  My doctor said that after this week I can have the baby at any time and he would be considered full term, good news but scary too. I guess I haven't made it to the "I am so uncomfortable I just want this baby out right now" phase because I am perfectly content to have him stay in there at least a few weeks longer. My due date is on a Tuesday, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't hopeful I would go over a little bit and that I would be able to work until that Thursday or Friday. I would just like to be able to finish the week out and get all my stuff caught up, plus having a few extra days of pay doesn't hurt either.

I am actually getting so excited to have a few months off. I have worked since I was 14 or 15 and have never had this much time off since then. I am a little worried about what it will be like to not work, but I am so excited to find out. I like working, but I am ready for a break to start a completely different chapter of life.   I have had an internal battle about what to do about working after the baby comes. It's hard to decide how to balance things, and how to make everything fit together. Sometimes I feel like there are so many demands on my time, that there is literally no way to make everyone happy. I guess it will have to be a work in progress. I am happy that I have a job that really needs me back, and that hopefully can work around a schedule that will allow me to have as much time with my sweet little guy as possible. This may sound weird, but I really can't imagine ever not working- at least a little bit or going to school. I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I talked to my friends about delivery and some of the aspects of before and after. I am a little worried about the whole process. I have to just keep reminding myself that there is nothing I can do about how the delivery process will go- all I can do is relax and follow everything my doc tells me. I am so glad to have such a good doctor that I trust.

I also talked to my friends about all the CRAZY things people say to girls when they are pregnant. It seems like lately I have been getting SO many weird and mean things said to me. Maybe I am just extra sensitive, but it seems like almost daily someone says something to me that makes me want to punch someone in the face. The other day a girl said something to me, and all I could honestly do was laugh. I was standing in line waiting for my lunch and she came up to me and asked "Can I ask you a question?" I said sure. She then asked me " Are you going to have a baby?" I was dying. What a funny way to ask someone if they are pregnant? All I said back was "I sure hope so." Its funny to me how many people think they need to know about my pregnancy. I have had people ask me how much weight I've gained, or comment on how "huge" I am. I have people that feel the need to tell me about how they lost a baby or how something horrible happened to them around week mark that I am. Sometimes I just get so rude and I don't even humor people and their comments, especially when they comment on my weight gain or how big I am. I realize people just get excited for babies in general, but seriously sometimes its just too much.


Week 36 - March 25, 2013

Dear Hayes:

You have been loving to poke out in my stomach, sometimes you push out so far my whole tummy is lopsided. It makes me feel pretty silly, but I think its funny. Sometimes you push out so hard that it kind of hurts, but I laugh wondering if you thin you can just push your way out like that. I hate to break it to ya buddy, but I think no matter how hard you try, you're not coming out like that (I guess without help from the doctor).

Its been pretty nice outside and I am so glad. I hope things don't get too hot before you come so we can spend some time outside. Me and Gator have been having a picnic at lunch time in the back yard this past week, and we can hardly wait for you to join us. I bet you will LOVE to play out back. We have been working on it, and we will for sure get you some toys out there once you are big enough. Your dad has even started talking about getting a trampoline (you are WAY too little for that now, but I am sure in a few years you will love to jump on the tramp).

I hope once you get here that you and I can take a trip or two before I have to go back to work. We could go see Aunt Brooke in Vegas, and everyone else in Salt Lake. I think it would be fun if we could go to California to play on the beach and to Idaho to see Grandma Susan. She would LOVE it if we could come for a visit.

See you soon!

Love, Mom




2 comments:

  1. sometimes people are just plain rude and lame- ignore them- you look great! and pregnant, just like your suppose too- I had so many people say "are you hiding a bowling ball in there" - and it just got old. I cant believe people ask you how much you've gained that is so personal and whats it to them- so weird. Labor and delivery isnt all that bad really- your healthy and everything will be fine- plus you can get pain stuff if you want and you dont have to worry about that. have you ever heard of a doula? its a birthing coach/helper and they are amazing! I always have one to help me even if your not doing a natural birth they are still so helpful. I have a number of an awesome one in st. George if you want (she help me deliver Ellie natural 6+ hrs of intense labor and i couldnt have done it without her) just suggesting, ignore if thats too hippy for you :) but then again your mom will be supper helpful - mine was not hahha i was so mad at her later, i mean shes had 6 kids what the heck. haha anywho random i know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cass did you do a natural birth? I have heard of a doula, but I am hoping my mom and Sam can fill that role for me. I haven't decided what I am going to do about the delivery part- I think my plan for now is to go as long as I can with medicine, and then go from there. I am sad you're mom wasn't that helpful for ya, but so nice that you had someone else to help too. How are you feeling with your pregnancy? Do you usually get sick at the beginning?

      Delete