Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My little scare {March 25, 2013}

Over the weekend I had a little scare, which turned out to be ok- but since I am really trying to document my whole pregnancy process I figured I would share. On Saturday we kind of had a big day (Ali went through the temple, and we had my baby shower). I was REALLY tired by the end of the day. I took a bath and started getting ready for bed around 8. Just before I went to bed I noticed that I was having some spotting. It scared me SO bad. My mom had even joked earlier in the day that she hopped all the shower prep didn't put me into labor. I am not ready for this little guy to come yet. I decided to just try to relax and see if it would stop. Luckily it did, but the next day I was EXTREMELY fatigued, like unusually tired and weak. It made more worried that I was either going into labor or that I had some kind of infection. I took it pretty easy on Sunday (like I literally slept 18 hours). I decided to call my doctor's office on Monday because I still felt pretty weak and really tired. It turned out that my doc actually had an opening, so they had me come in. (I already had an appt scheduled for later in the week, so they just moved it up). When I got to the doctor the nurses were so sweet and so concerned for me. I almost felt embarrassed because I wasn't overly concerned- just wanted to make sure everything was ok.

They did their usually things and then had me explain to them what was going on. They checked me for additional infections (which all came back clear, luckily) and since I am into my last month of pregnancy the doc came in and "checked" me and did some other tests. He said the reason I was probably having those things happen was because I was dilated to a 2 (he also said I was some percent thinned but I forgot what percent he said, I think he said 25%). He said that all the things happening were typical of my body gearing up for the delivery. I was SO relieved, but also a little nervous to hear that I was already starting to make progress towards delivery. I realize I could sit at a 2 for a while (and kind of hope I do, at least for a couple of weeks). It was crazy how real things got. I realized that my body is starting to gear up for delivery- and maybe I should start gearing my head up for it too.

Maybe that was just the push I needed to start getting the rest of my life in order to have this baby. I finally finished up packing for the hospital (my stuff and the baby's stuff). I started getting some meals planned that I can prep before, and started re-stocking our house with the essentials (water, toilet paper, snacks, etc). I got the rest of the big items we needed ordered and hopefully it will be here by the beginning of next week. I got all the baby laundry done, and started getting things planned for a birth announcement.

I still have quite a bit to do, but I kept procrastinating so many things the list was starting to get a bit out of hand. I still need to get some good deep cleaning done. I need to finish stocking the house up. I need get the car seat into my car. I need to get the rest of the baby stuff put together once it gets here. I need to sew a couple of pillows. There are a few more baby items I need to pick up, but if I don't get that done I am sure I can get them after he gets here. I also have a bunch of stuff at work that I would really like to see get resolved before I am gone. I realize that life doesn't stop after I have this little guy, but I still want to try to get as many things resolved and done before he comes as I possibly can. I think it will help me be able to relax more.

I am so relieved that things are still going well. I feel so incredibly grateful that my body knows much more about pregnancy and the delivery process than I do. I am in constant amazement of that. I have said this so many times in the past, but I have no idea how someone can be pregnant and still not believe in God. I am reminded on a daily basis that Heavenly Father planned everything so perfectly, and that he has his hand in everything. It is my own personal opinion, but I really think he planned pregnancy and delivery with even more thought and love. It is the most divine and spiritual processes I have ever been apart of, and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to carry this sweet baby. I am feel so blessed. I am a little sad realizing that my pregnancy journey is almost over. It hasn't been easy, but I think that's part of why it is so special, it came from a lot of work. Everything good in life comes from a lot of work. I am incredibly nervous, but even more excited to look forward to the next chapter of my life. I am so excited to meet my sweet Hayes.

No comments:

Post a Comment