Monday, March 4, 2013

33 Weeks {March 4, 2013}

Another week down, and I am becoming even more of a crazy lady. I feel like I can literally cry at the drop of a hat. I get super emotional about two things- the baby and Gator. Its crazy. If I read a sweet quote about animals or dogs, or hear of a dog dying, or anything about a dog- I literally bawl my eyes out- same thing with the baby. I think its a combination of nerves, hormones, and maternal instincts kicking in all at once and I think since I feel like Gator is a child I just transfer all of those emotions onto him too. The funny thing is, I think he likes it. He has been SUPER protective of me, he waits for me to get up in the morning, he sleeps by my side of the bed at night, and he is always trying to get closer to me. I know he can sense something is different, and he is just eating up all the attention I am giving him lately. I have to be honest too- I kind of love that he is loving me so much lately too.  I guess we all love extra attention every once in a while.

Last week we went to a breastfeeding class at the hospital. Sam was such a good sport and when I asked him if he wanted to come- he instantly said yes. When we got to the class he ended up being the only dad there. The teacher was THRILLED he came- and all of the other mom's were either jealous or super impressed. I am so glad he is so willing to get involved and to be apart of everything. It really makes such a huge difference knowing that he wants to be so involved. This little baby is lucky to have such a sweet dad.

I can feel that I am getting towards the end because I am starting to feeling really tired. I think about those women who have children so close together- and I honestly have no idea how they do it. I feel my body needs a break for a while. Maybe I am a little dramatic, but I swear I can feel all my "stores" of nutrients depleting.

We had Ali's shower on Saturday and it turned out amazing. I was really excited with how things came together- and so grateful for all the help.  After the shower I didn't feel like I could stay long because I was SO exhausted. That night I slept for 13 hours, and I could have slept longer. It gets a little frustrating to feel like I have so many restrictions. I had to ask everyone to help carry things for me- and pack things away- and lift things out of my car. I think back to when I threw Brooke's and I had so much energy, I packed my own car up, loaded and unloaded, and didn't feel like I was going to fall over by the end. Oh how things have changed. I am so grateful for the changes and for what's in store- but at times I can't help but feel a little frustrated with myself and my restrictions. I have to keep reminding myself that if I am going to have restrictions- or get fat- or feel exhausted, at least I have one of the best excuses, and I would do this forever if I meant that I get to have a sweet little boy. When I get frustrated I need to remind myself of the amazing reward that's waiting for me ( and the fact that I have just about 6 weeks left!)

{Week 33-- March 4, 2013)}

Dear Hayes:

You have been so active lately, and I am loving it. I think all of your grandmas and aunts are loving it too. Everyone has had a chance to feel you move, and it has been so fun. I love to see the excitement on their faces when they touch my tummy and you push back. It makes you feel even more real to me- and to them. Your dad got to feel you move a whole bunch too, and he absolutely LOVED it! You are getting so strong in there, I bet you come out with all kinds of muscles because you have been working them out so much.


Every time your dad and I go somewhere we say "I wonder what going here is going to be like once we have Hayes?" or "I bet we will love to come here once we have have Hayes." Its fun to imagine the places you will like to go or the things we will do once you're here. Without fail every time we talk about how things will be once you're here, your dad talks about taking you to the lake. I hope you just love the lake and that you can enjoy that time with your dad. He can hardly wait to get you out there.

In the next couple of weeks I think we are going to start predicting when you will actually get here, how much you'll weigh and how tall you'll be. Just like I had no idea if you were a boy or a girl- I feel like I have no clue when you'll actually get here and what size you'll be. So, help me out and start sending me some signals so I can be the one that guesses right. :)

Love you!

Love, Mom

Here I am at 33 weeks (when I look at pictures I feel absolutely gigantic, but if I don't see pictures it doesn't bother me as much). :)







No comments:

Post a Comment