Monday, April 1, 2013

37 Weeks {April 1, 2013}

According to my doctor, I am officially full term (my mom says 38 weeks is official, but my doc says technically I am in my 38th week, so its full term). No matter what the case, I hope he stays in there just a little while longer. Its weird to think that any time in the next two and half weeks or so I am going to have this baby. I went to church yesterday and realized I probably won't be back to teach primary until after this little guy has arrived. That's so strange to me. I feel like I have spent the last 8 months or so preparing for this guy to come and now its almost here. I feel a combination of pure excitement and intense fear. Its a strange thing to go places or to run errands and to think-- I could literally go into labor right here, right now. It makes me want to avoid a lot of places right now.

I have been feeling pretty nauseous lately. It worries me because one of the docs I saw for my kidney stones told me that I interpret pain as nausea. (whenever I get kidney stones I just get really sick to my stomach. It usually takes a while before I actually start feeling any kind of pain common with kidney stones, almost the whole time passing them I just think I am have a HORRIBLE case of the stomach flu). So, I have really been trying to pay attention and determine if it is nausea that I feel, or if I am having pain. I am not sure why I do that, what a weird problem to have.

I only walked a little bit last week after I found out I was already dilated. I felt desperate to try to slow this train down and make it through the end of the month. I am not sure if stopping the walking even helped, so I am back at the walking again. I missed it, and I REALLY noticed the decrease in my energy from not walking. So, I guess if it moves things along, then it moves them along, but at least I will have more energy and feel better during the process.


Week 37 -- April 1, 2013

Dear Hayes:

I think you are pretty squished in there now. When you move it feels like you have no where to go, and you can't seem to get very comfortable. Don't worry, you will be out of there before you know it with lots of room to stretch and wiggle.

Today officially marks the start of your birthday month. I don't think April will ever look the same for me. I am so excited to celebrate LOTS of birthdays with you, what a great month to be born! I am getting more and more excited and nervous for your arrival. You know, I have never done this before, so it will be new for both of us. I hope that you know exactly what to do and that things go as smoothly as possible.

You and me had to miss Ali and Luke's wedding this weekend. I am sad we had to miss it, but you are totally worth it. Ali wasn't mad, she said she is just so happy you're coming that nothing else matters. I feel the same way. Everyone is pretty excited for you to come and can hardly wait for us to send them pictures of you. Even though it was Ali's wedding, people sent gift for you! You lucky little guy.

Stay in there at least a little while longer ok!?

Love you!

Love, Mom



These pictures remind me that I literally wear the same rotation of outfits during the week. Maxi skirt with a T-shirt, Maxi dress, maternity jeans and a t-shirt. You can't tell, but I either wear my same white sandals or my running shoes (so pretty much every day but Saturday I wear the same comfy sandals). Its getting a little boring, but does make getting dressed in the morning a lot faster-- am I going to wear the gray maxi skirt or the red one? Done. 

Seriously though, if I ever have another child I am going to buy A TON of maxi dresses and skirt. I feel like they are heaven sent!

No comments:

Post a Comment