Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Days off

I'm not sure if its because I don't have all the time I want with Hayes or what, but my days off I feel like go way too quickly. I try to do as many fun things as we can, but also try to have time to just be home. I think it's because I really get how precious our time together is that it just breaks my heart to waste it. I don't think I would be this way if I was home every day with him. I don't know how I could really fully appreciate the time, because I wouldn't know what it was like to have to be away and miss it. You know? 

So, needless to say, my days off are some of the best ever. Fort building is becoming a fun new thing we do. Gator still isn't sure the whole point of it, and it kind of makes him nervous, but Hayes is all in. He loves it. He loves to crawl in and out of the fort and he thinks it is the CRAZIEST thing when I crawl in there. I am sure I look so crazy, but he loves it , and really, so do I. 

His other favorite thing, yelling and talking to the baby in the mirror, its hilarious. He also really likes to give him some pretty big smooches. I love to watch him stand in front of the mirror and yell away. He must think he has a really great friend in there. 

I am beyond grateful for the days that I get to be home with Hayes. I am also really grateful for my job and the time that I need to be away from him. It helps our family, and it helps me really appreciate my time with him, and for that I am really grateful. I love this little boy and watching him grow is one of the most rewarding things I have ever experienced. He is truly heaven sent. 




No comments:

Post a Comment