Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Walks

I am feeling  so much better than I was on my last post. I think sometimes you just have to get things out, and then they don't seem quite so big. My sweet grandma is always looking out for me and building me up. Where we I be without sweet people in my life that build me and tell me its ok?? I can't even imagine. 

Since the weather is seriously so gorgeous, we have been spending as much time as possible out and about. On my days off, I love to take Hayes and Gator and walk. I have some favorite places to go that make me feel like I'm in a movie, they are the most darling. I like to talk to my sister Alyson along the way. She loves to talk, and its the perfect combination. Hayes gets a good little morning nap in, Gator is literally beaming, and I feel so much better. It's a lot of winning for the Weldin crew. We have quite a few interesting things we can walk by too, like an Alpaca farm! I get nervous because I'm not sure if they are nice or not, but we like to look at them. We also have cows, horses, a golf course, a stream, a candy store, a cute little family owned gas station, a fruit market, a park, an orchard, a community garden, a skate park, and so many other things we find a long the way. I give myself too much credit and call it educational. It's really nice whatever it is. 


\
Don't let that face fool you, he LOVES his stroller, its the hat he hates but he so white I worry he is just going to get fried out in the sun. Better safe than sorry. 

The other day our walk was a little more eventful than usual. I am such a freak about getting attacked by dogs (probably because when I was pregnant Gator and I got attacked twice, by the same stupid dog), so I carry mace on my at all times. So, we were walking a long a pretty busy main road in our area, I was actually making a work call at the time, when a German Shepard came bolting out from a house across the busy street. I yelled "No! Go Home!" ... and kept yelling it. The dog was pretty determined and continued to bark, and started to try to cross the street towards us. I was freaking out! A truck skidded and luckily missed the dog, but got dangerously close, so the dog turned around, but tried to cross two more times. Each time it tried it almost got hit by a car. Finally, it got into the middle lane and tried to cross, by this time a line of cars had stopped to let the dog pass. Meanwhile, I am still screaming a the dog to go home... and trying to go as fast as I can in the opposite direction. The dog came up behind us, and kept barking. I got my masce out and sprayed it- it hit the dog right on the nose- the dog, literally feet away from us, hunched down pawed it's face and ran home! Whoa! Two people stopped and asked me if that dog was mine?? Seriously? Do most people mace their own dogs? I said no, and kept walking. Gator, was basically peeing his pants trying to hop into the stroller- he was terrified. I was SO glad I carry my mace. I don't know what that dog would have done had he gotten to us, and to Gator. I was shaking and freaking out for the next mile and a half home, but so glad too! I guess I'm glad I learned my lesson before. 

Most of our walks are not nearly that eventful, and man, am I glad they aren't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment