Friday, February 28, 2014

11 months {March 13, 2014}

Another month has come and gone and now our Hayesie baby is 11 months old. I'd be lying if I said the past eleven months was easy, it was hard, but it was so good too. Hayes literally brightens up every room he goes into. I get stopped constantly at the store by strangers who say what a happy sweet little guy he is (everyone also loves his crazy hair). He smiles and turns his head into my shoulder, its just an act though, he's really not shy and LOVES the attention he gets. So many times Sam and I turn to each other and say how much his laugh or his smile brings so much happiness to us. His laugh literally melts my heart. I can't get enough. I think I have a hundred videos of him laughing. 

He is a GREAT crawler now and gets ALL over our house. We have really had to make sure everything is baby proof. It scares me a lot because he really is so strong and could pull something really heavy on top of him. I watch him, and even still he finds ways to get into things he shouldn't (or picks lint off the rug and eats it, whatever).

He is wearing 12-18 mths clothes pretty much across the board. I did buy him some 18-24 mth jammies and some jackets but they are big. I have also started to put him in shoes more often- the funny thing is he wears 6-12 mth shoes. He must have small feet like his mama. He looks really good in blue, red, green, and gray. I bought him some really fun new shirts one that says " I hate tacos, said no Juan ever!" hahaha Sam's mom and dad brought him some shirts back from their cruise that are really cute and fun too. I think my favorite thing he wears is jeans, a fun shirt, and high top sneakers. I bought him some gray ones- but they are too big, so I had to go to the baby section and got him some navy blue ones. They are so cute and make him seem so grown up.

His talking is so fun. He babbles to himself ALL THE TIME. He especially loves to talk when he first gets up in the morning. He seems like he is telling me all kinds of stories when I get him out of bed. He is a pretty good eater and will pretty much try anything. If he doesn't like something or if he is done eating he won't really refuse the food- he will take it and drop it on the ground for Gator. The problem is he does this everywhere- and at a restaurant he doesn't really understand that Gator isn't here to gobble up his mess. He still loves beans and rice. He loves avocados a lot too. I gave him a grilled cheese sandwich the other day and he went nuts afterwards- I think that means he liked it. He loves fruit snack and gold fish- and pretty much anything anyone puts in their mouth. He also really loves to eat oatmeal with his dad in the morning. I have completely stopped nursing him, and I never realized that I would be a little sad about it, but I am. I liked being able to comfort him and to provide that for him, it feels a little weird now that I'm not doing it. It is definitely taking some adjusting for me. Hayes on the other hand hasn't even look back. He's totally fine with a bottle, cup, and sippy cup.

He has 8 teeth now. I feel like that's so many, I can't hardly believe it. The two new ones on the bottom just popped through this past week. Those ones gave him a fever and made him really cranky. 

Hayes's favorite things right now:
Story bots
Avacados
Popsicles
Fruit snacks 
Walks 
The lake
Gator 
Mama and dada
His little red playhouse 
The Very Hungry Catapillar
Music
Bath time

Things we love most about Hayes right now: 
His laugh
His talking/ his voice
Singing to him 
Talking him on hikes and playing outside
Him in shorts ( seriously it's the cutest)
Playing with toys first thing in the morning
Rocking him to sleep 

Dear Hayes:
You are such a silly guy. You love to be silly and to make us laugh. You get so excited about everything and it makes me so happy. You are quite the mover lately and always trying to get into places you shouldn't. You love to be outside and you cry when I shut the door. You have been loving to eat the rocks outside and I really have to watch you so you don't really eat them. I love when you say " Hello" and "Bye". You have also been saying "Mama" a lot, and you know how that melts my heart. 

You are so fun and makes my days so a happy. I love you forever!!

Love, mom 












No comments:

Post a Comment