Friday, February 28, 2014

My birthday {February 18, 2014}

I had such a great birthday this year. I had a long weekend before because of President's day and got to pretty much spend the entire time with my family. The day of my birthday I knew exactly where I was headed, so Hayes and I got up in the morning, did a few errands (I like to do a few nice things for people on my days off), then we headed up to Zion's (well Springdale). I bought a new work out outfit and we stopped on the way and got a doughnut and a soda. Once we got there, we pulled out the jogger and jogged and walked all around Springdale. It was seriously the most beautiful day. All the crowds had gone home and we pretty much had the place to our selves. We ate lunch at Oscars and got treats at the candy store. It felt so good to get away and enjoy ourselves. I love that its so close and that I actually have time right now to go enjoy seeing things. I love to take Hayes and show him new things and introduce him to a world outside our ordinary routine. I could not have planned a better day to go. We drove back home with the windows down and the music up. Nothing makes me feel more free than driving like that when the weather is nice. What a great present from Mother Nature. Sam and my family were really sweet to remember and think about me. Sam bought me the Michael Kors bag I have been dying for. Its navy blue and perfect in every way. I am totally obsessed. We went out to dinner a few different times and ate a lot of treats. The weather was perfect and we also spent a lot of time outside.

This year my focus was a little different, I mean I love having a day that is all about me (but since I have become a mom there really is no such thing as a day about me, which I am totally fine with), but this year I made sure my mom knew how much I appreciate her. After having Hayes I realized that kids birthdays should be just as much about the mom as it is the kid. That mom worked hard on that day to make sure a birthday happened- and I think its a day to celebrate her accomplishments too. I am so grateful my mama had me and worked so hard to get me here 27 years ago. Without her, there is no birthday. How grateful I am to her!

I feel like 27 means I am a real adult. That's not longer early twenties, its much closer to 30 than 20, and getting older is really hitting me. I don't feel old, but when I see young college kids or high school kids I am reminded that I really am getting old. I don't mind it though. As long as I can do what I want to do and as long as I keep learning things and doing better, getting older is just fine with me. I hope 27 is as good to me as 26 was. I hope that I can be a healthier, happier, more content 27 year old.








No comments:

Post a Comment