Saturday, January 25, 2014

Life lately {January 25, 2014}


I haven't done a very good job lately of documenting what's been going on with us lately. It seems like that days and weeks are just going by faster and faster. It's like I wake up and another week has already gone by. It's strange really.

Our weeks are finally starting to get into a better routine. I think it's good for Hayes to have a good schedule. He kind of goes to the beat of his own drum. The weather has been getting warmer and warmer, and we are loving being able to go out on walks again. I know Gator really loves it. Hayes is pretty scared to go down slides, so the park by our house isn't too much fun for him. We love to get out and sit on the grass though and let Gator run. I have taken him to Vernon Worthen to play on the swings, he's not quite to the stage where that is fun yet. I am excited for it though.

He is doing much better at the baby sitters too. He only goes to her house from 12:30 to about 4. Ash has been picking him up at 4, and then Sam meets up with Ash and gets him after he gets off. I try to work until 6 on Wednesdays. So far, its been working out well. After a few weeks, Hayes will stay until Sam gets off work. It breaks my heart to leave him, but I have to tell myself its good for him too.

Work has been absolutely crazy for me. We are so busy and I am only there for 2 and half days, but I am still doing the job of a full time worker. It stresses me out a lot, but I can make it through. I like my job, and I like making a pay check. I have been thinking a lot about law school lately. I am pretty tired of making my bosses really rich. I feel like I do all the work, and they make all the money. I would like to work hard, and actually reap the full benefit of it. It's still just a thought, but I really think that once my kids are in school, I think I might just do it. It's fun to think about future goals, and make plans.

Sam works so hard. His work has been crazy busy, and I think he likes it when it is really busy. He feels more secure in his work when the weeks are jam packed. It makes for a long work week, but its nice to know there is work.

Today we went to lunch at Durangos (shocking, I know) and then we headed out to Sandhollow (the lake) and walked on the beach. Sam said it was just the lake fix he needed. It was so fun to be out there as family, and I think Gator thought he died and went to Heaven. Hayes loved it too. We talked about how fun things will be once we get a boat, and how much time we will spend out there a family. It felt so good to be there together, and to really see our family having fun. It's a little strange to realize that we are family and that we are responsible for Hayes. Its a terrifying, exciting, and overwhelming thought.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment