Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Life Lately {September 30, 3013}

Sometimes life just gets going so fast that I cant hardly believe it. It seems like Hayes is just growing up before my eyes and there's not a lot I can do to stop it. I love seeing how grow up and learning new things. Every time he meets a milestone, strangely, I feel a sense of relief. Almost like I am so worried he won't meet them, then when he does, I feel overly proud and excited. I hope I can relax a little bit, or he is going to think he is the extraordinary human being because we throw a party every time he does any little new thing.

Some things I love about Hayes are:
- He is always happy. He loves when people talk to him. This actually proves to be quite a problem sometimes though, because then everyone thinks its an invitation to touch him and get way too close. We were in Vegas last week visiting Sam's sister, and in the mall every person that talked to him- he gave a big smile. So, they all thought it would be ok to touch him. I absolutely hated it. I don't mind if people we know touch him, but I HATE when strangers do, and especially when they touch his face. I feel like I need to sanitize him after. You just never know if people wash their hands or where they have been or who they have been in contact with. Yuck.

- He LOVES to watch football. I is seriously mesmerized by it. I am not sure what it is he is drawn to, but he loves it.

- He is VERY interested in food. When we were out to dinner the other night at Paula's, he would open his mouth every time someone took a bite. Sam and I both felt terrible eating in front of him. I just feel too nervous to start introducing foods to him too quickly. I really want to talk to his doctor before I start feeding him anything from the table. I know its a little extreme- but I would feel terrible if he had a bad reaction to something or if I really screwed up his eating later on. Better be safe than sorry.

He was loving rice cereal for a little while there, but now he gags when we try to feed it to him. I put some rice cereal in his bottle on the days he goes to Grandma Sydney's and he seems to do just fine. Other than that, he doesn't take a bottle so I can't really add anything other than that.

- He is pretty silly. It seems like he loves to laugh and tease us. He has such a fun, outgoing personality.

- He babbles and talks ALL THE TIME! He loves to do these high pitched screams too. Sam always asks him to "use his inside voice" hahaha

- He loves Gator and thinks he is so funny.

Having Hayes in our lives has been one of the greatest blessings. He is a joy and so fun. I literally thank my Heavenly Father every day for sending me such a sweet boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment