Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Life Lately {October 8, 2013}

My dad celebrated his 57th birthday on Sunday. It was conference weekend, so we went and had dinner at the cabin and listened on the radio to conference. The cabin has been so nice lately. I have loved being up there. I know my dad is happiest at the cabin too. He is such a great person. I admire how hard he works, and how great he is. He is the rock of our family. He is such a jokester, but he also is probably the biggest spiritual giant I know. I am grateful for him in my life, and for the great grandpa he is to Hayes.

 
This past weekend was also the marathon. The marathon has always been such a spiritual event for me. There is something so amazing about not only that race, but the whole feeling around it. Its hard to explain. I thought I would be sadder to not be running this year, but honestly, I am no where near ready for it. I think having Hayesie, and knowing that I didn't run because I had him made things easier. I wouldn't trade one second of being pregnant or having him to run the marathon. I am however, excited and determined to run next year. I am hoping to run another marathon in between then and now as well. I like how I feel when I run. Ash and Kate ran though, and they both did AWESOME! Ash was super nervous for her run, but she was happy and positive the WHOLE time. I was so impressed with her. Kate did really well, and ran it about what she usually does. She is such a strong, consistent runner. I admire her consistency, and her ability to work so hard. They are both such amazing women, and runners. I ran a little portion with Kate, and we were talking about how amazing it would be to have me, Ash, Kate, Mom, and Al run one together. I think that would be such an amazing experience for us. I am hopeful that we can make it happen. I think Al would really like to run one, and I hope she sets a goal and does it.

Hayes is just as happy and fun as he always is. He hasn't been sleeping very well lately. I am hoping that after we go to the doctor we can start him on solid food, and hopefully the sleeping will get better. He is growing so big. I weighed him at my mom's office today and he weighed more than 18 pounds! I feel like he isn't too chunky, and not too thin either, just perfect.

 
 
I have been really trying to make some decisions and redecorate some of my house. I feel like right now it really isn't an accurate reflection of our family. I started thinking about all the things that Sam and I like, and we really don't show that very well in our home. I have decided I need to pain the kitchen, paint the master bed room, paint the guest room, and re-do the stripes in the front room. I took down almost all the decorations in the front living room, and I am going to only put back the things that looks like us. I also am trying to update things, I finally started getting some pictures of Hayes hung up. We are getting some family pictures done the end of the month, and I want to get those hung up in our room and the front room. I feel like I am finally starting to understand who I am and what I like, so I can finally start translating that into our home. Its interesting how hard it is to figure out who you really are and what you really like. I never realized how difficult that could be. I have come to realize that the little girl in my kindergarten picture, was probably one of the most accurate versions of myself. Curled hair, nautical wear, and colorful pictures all around. I wonder when I lost that little girl? Whenever it was, I am glad to final realize I want her back. It is true what they say, everything I needed to know, I learned in kindergarten.

I love my days off with Hayes. I love walking and running errands. I love spending time with him without having to worry about where we need to be. I love that time with him where everything revolves around the kind of day he's having. If he wants to sleep late, we sleep late (ya right). If he wants to play with his toys and go to the park, that's what we do. I love being able to walk. Its nice to get out and see our area. Walking with him and Gator is one of the happiest parts of my week. I am so grateful I get that time with him. I am excited to be home during the holidays and being able to bake, and make candy and decorate the house. I am excited to feel like I can finally enjoy the holidays. I can hardly wait to experience the holidays with Hayes.


So, Sam and I are trying to buy a boat. This is Sam's life long dream, to own a boat and spend time on it with the family. He wants to teach Hayes to wake board and to love the water. The other day he said to me "I wish my dad was here so him, Hayes and I could go to the lake together. I think he would have really liked that." He feels the closest to his dad on the lake. I love that. I am excited to raise our family with a boat and out enjoying the water. I think that time together will be so special and important. I hope that everything goes through so we can be out there next summer. I love that Sam has a vision of what he wants his life to be, and that we will be able to hopefully accomplish that. My vision is just to have quality time as a family, and to be active and outside. The boat fits perfectly into that. I am grateful that Sam and I both have the same vision for our family. I hope Hayes loves the water and being out there as much as we do. I am so proud of Sam and how hard he works to accomplish his goals. He is such a great provider, and is the best saver I have ever met. I am so grateful for that. He is a great example to Hayes, and I am so grateful for that as well. How luck I am!





No comments:

Post a Comment