Monday, February 25, 2013

Normal Life Update {February 25, 2013}

We have been keeping pretty busy the past few weeks. We have A LOT of really fun things coming up, and it seems like getting ready for everything has been taking up quite a bit of time. I hopefully have everything almost ready for Ali's shower next weekend. I am really hoping we can avoid a lot of day-of stress by getting pretty much everything ready right now. I have learned from my past showers that it is a good idea to pack boxes with all the stuff so that its in one central location and I have lots of time through out the week to add things to the box. Here is the start of my shower box:


I now have two more full, so hopefully that means that I haven't forgotten anything.

This past Saturday my mom was such a sweetheart and ran all around town with me to get ready. We had to go to Target for some stuff, and decided we should turn it into our normal Saturday trip. While we were there I found the cutest outfit and made my mom try it on. I was DYING! She looked so cute in it. I tried to get it for her, but she got it for herself instead. Isn't she the cutest!?


I think its the nesting and the fact that my baby shower is going to be at my house, but I have been trying to get things redone at my house. Here is some of the progress I have made:




I have been meaning to finish that wall in my living room since we moved in, and finally got it complete this past weekend. I really like how it turned out, but now I feel like I need a new rug- oh man- when will it end?

My front patio still needs some work, but I sewed some new pillows, got my wreath back up, and got my sign on the door. I still think we need some pots with flowers on each side of the bench. 

My new sign in my bathroom is SO fun huh! I now need a new shower curtain (it really is never ending)

The baby's room is coming together and I LOVE the frames. My vinyl for them should be done this week, and I thrilled to see it finished! Also, my neighbor is working on my crib skirt and I am SO excited to see it! 

Sam is trying to get in as many lake trips before the baby comes. He has already been to Lake Mead three or four times, and has plans to go at least a few more before the end of April. He has to stock up on his wakeboard time the same way I stock up on paper towels and cleaning supplies. Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment