Monday, February 25, 2013

32 Weeks {February 25, 2013}

Man oh man these past few weeks especially have just FLOWN by! I absolutely hate it. I absolutely love feeling this little guy move around and knowing that he is in a safe place. I am getting nervous and a little sad that it is slowly (and not so slowly) coming to an end. I NEVER thought I would be the girl that would love being pregnant, but I can already tell I am going to miss his kicks and wiggles. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that are not so great about being pregnant, but the good parts outweigh the bad ones by a lot. I feel incredibly lucky to be able to carry this baby and I think knowing that has made the whole experience enjoyable and exciting. Thinking about the delivery part does make me a little nervous, but I try not to think about it.

We have made some more progress on the room, and things are really starting to come together. I am LOVING how its turning out. The big thing that I am dying to get in there is a chair. I have a few I like, but we waiting until after the shower to get the rest of the baby stuff we need. Its been hard for me not to buy stuff for him, but I am holding strong.

Before we got pregnant, we had set some financial goals and we are seriously SO close to achieving them. If I can resist buying baby stuff a little longer, I know we will get there. That makes me SO happy! I love being able to see progress and to reduce stress. I really think having a strong hard deadline helped a lot. (I mean he will be here in April, ready or not).

I started working on a baby book and transferred all of the letters I have been writing over to it. I am really glad I have those posts to look back over. I think its fun to see the changes and progress we have made. I am debating whether I should try to get the book all together and print it before he's born, and just leave some of the pages blank or if I should wait until after. I like the idea of having it done before he gets here, but I think I will wait until after so everything is typed up and in the order I want. I think I just hate the idea of having projects to worry about after. It is getting a bit out of control-- like more than 50 pages already.

Week 32-  February 25, 2013

Dear Hayes:

I think it was 13 years ago today that my Grandpa Mack died. I remember it pretty clearly because it was exactly one week after my birthday, and because it was really unexpected. He was such a good man. I hope that you have been able to spend a lot of time getting to know him in Heaven. He was pretty funny and I bet is just loving hanging out with you right now. I am guessing him and my Grandma Mack are spending lots of time together with you. Even though they were divorced, everyone knew how much they loved each other. I hope that all of our loved ones are taking such good care of you right now and that you will take all of their best qualities and bring them with you. I love the thought of you hanging out with everyone up there and them giving you all kinds of advice before you make your arrival. Make sure you tell them just how much we love them and miss them.

We have been working extra hard on your room to get things put together. Your dad is such a sweetie and has to make sure everything is secured down and has no risk of falling down. He doesn't like to do all the projects I make him do, but he loves getting things ready for you.

I think you are starting to get pretty cramped in my tummy. Your wiggles are funny and a lot stronger. You kicked my side last night and I almost said "ouch" because it was so much stronger than your kicks have been in the past. I love knowing that you are getting big and strong. You still LOVE to kick Gator when he lays by me. I know he likes to feel you too! I don't know if its your or me, but peanut butter has been sounding pretty awesome lately, especially peanut butter m&m's. :) I decided to really cut back on the soda we're drinking until after you get here. Since its getting so close to the time you'll be here I figured it would be best to cut back on that. You don't seem to mind. Don't worry though, after you get here I'll take you to swig and get a drink (You can't get one, but when you get bigger I will buy you one).

I am really excited to meet you officially (even though I feel like I know you already). I will see you in eight weeks or so.

Love you!

Love, Mom



Here's one of the projects we've been working on. The frames will each have a letter spelling out his name!



No comments:

Post a Comment