Friday, September 21, 2012

Marathon Time- Number 8 {September 21, 2012}

The marathon is starting to get close, only a couple of weeks left. I can't help but look back on my past years around this time.

 Last year at this time, I was recovering from my car crash. I had been told not to run the marathon, and by this time last year I knew I physically couldn't do it. This time last year was extremely difficult for me. I was devastated. 

Two years ago at this time I was almost in the same place I am now. I had trained, and I was excited to run. I was running for the second year in a row with my sisters and looking forward to a great run with them, and it was. It was a good time for me. 

Its crazy how so much can change in one or two years. I have literally come full circle.  Here are all the marathons I have run (all 7 of them). It seems absolutely crazy to me that I have run 7 marathons. The lazy out-of-shape high school girl that couldn't run the mile and a half is going to run her 8th race. I have to say, I am proud of what I have worked so hard to accomplish. Its a part of me now. 

St. George 2006 

St. George 2007  

St. George 2008

St. George 2009

Salt Lake Marathon 2009 

Salt Lake Marathon 2010 

St. George 2010 

I feel so many different things when I look over these pictures, and extreme since of pride and accomplishment is first of all what I feel. The second thing I feel is an overwhelming feeling of humble respect for the race. The course is incredibly spiritual and demands respect. I feel so lucky that I have been able to run so many times, and hope and pray I can keep running for many many years! 

It feels a little crazy that I haven't run one since 2010. I did run the last 4 miles of last years with my mom. It was the most difficult 4 miles of my whole life, but I am so glad I could be there with her to support her. I am beyond excited to run this year. I have never set a time goal, and I don't plan to ever set one. I just want to go up and have fun and finish. I am very excited for this year and cannot wait to get started. 
Yeah for the marathon! 




1 comment: