Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving 2015

Every year we don't go with my family for a holiday, I always struggle a little bit. I miss them and I want to see them on holidays. Don't get me wrong, I love Sam's side of the family too and miss them when we aren't with them, but there's just something about your own family that you miss on holidays. This year for Thanksgiving, my  family was all over the place. Ash was traveling in Alabama, Kate was in Logan, and Mom and Dad were in Cedar. We didn't have much going on in the morning so Sam took Hayes to play at the park. While he was doing that, I took Gator on Chuckawalla Trail. One fall Gator and I hiked that trail a lot. It's so much fun and so beautiful. I later realized Sam should have just waited and we all could have gone on the trail together (geez, I can't think things through very well). It was nice to go with Gator though. It was beautiful and felt really peaceful. I was glad I got to go do that. I was texting my sisters the whole time telling them they should have been there with me. 

We spent most of the rest of the day at Sam's mom's house. We love the Gibson/ Weldin bunch. It was a pretty small gathering this year, which was nice. Hayes was SO tired and just ran around like a crazy person until he literally dropped. He slept on my for a few hours. I LOVED it so much! Hayes hardly ever falls asleep on me and I just loved it. All in all is so fun to be with family and to have these holidays to get together. We are so lucky to have two great families to be apart of, and for Hayes to grow in to. We are so blessed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment