Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas Eve 12.24.2015

This year for Christmas Eve, we hosted. It didn't seem like anyone could really make up their minds on what to do, so took charge and decided we were going traditional. We had ham, turkey, potatoes, gravy, veggies, shrimp, and tons of sweets. We also cut up oranges and got cranberries for the water. It was so fun and so delicious! Luckily we had Justin here to do all of the actual cooking so we didn't ruin anything. It's always a little chaotic and loud, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The only thing I wish is I had a bigger house to hold all of the people I love. One day. 

We did the traditional things of having the kids open a present (jammies) and change into them. We ate until we were sick. We laughed. I read a fun book. And then we drove around looking at Christmas lights. It was the perfect traditional Christmas eve. In my head, I'm planning a few years out for how we could do it even better. I love get togethers and family gatherings. I love people being together and having fun. I'm excited for many more Christmas eves with the ones I love most, making memories, starting new traditions and continuing the old ones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment