Thursday, October 23, 2014

Playing with cousins {October 18, 2014}

I always felt lucky having great cousins growing up. We loved to play together and it was perfect because they were always there on holidays and Sundays and days your parents wouldn't let you play with anyone else. 

I always wanted the same for Hayes. I worried though because Al's kids really are so much older than him and I worried they really wouldn't have much in common. That still may be true, but it hasn't stopped them from loving him and being the best cousins ever. They look after him. They play with him. They chase him. They play on his level. They take turns watching him and trying to make him laugh. They show him how to be a big kid and they are the best cousins I could have ever dreamed of for him. Each one of them loves and plays with Hayes in different ways and each of them shows him something different. They are such a huge blessing to him and to me. These kids are amazing. I love them like they are my own, and seeing them love my child makes my love for them even deeper. Kids are amazing.
 Staelie is amazing. Stockden is amazing. Jentrie is amazing. McKall is amazing.  
Hayes, you have no idea how much you lucked out in the cousin department. These four are as good as they come. I hope Hayes has lots more cousins coming, but right now, He and I are both pretty grateful for these ones, right here right now. 









No comments:

Post a Comment