Monday, October 20, 2014

Park City Pink Series Half {October 11,2014}

I must have been feeling a little crazy, but I signed up to do a half only a week after I ran the marathon. I signed up to do the Pink Series Half in Park City, it is seriously one of the most beautiful races ever. The course is through neighborhoods, on trails, across bridges, through parks, next to fields and streams and is the best time of year. I absolutely love it. 

I was a little nervous about running, especially after such a hard marathon. It turned out great though. In fact, this race actually felt 10x better than the marathon. It took a few miles to work out some kinks and to get my air, but man, I really felt pretty dang good. I can really only think of one time that I walked. Thats amazing for me. I really think I'm more of a half runner. Its a good distance, but its not quite so draining as a marathon. I think I may stick to halfs from now on. 

Ali, Krychele, and Kim were there doing the 5k. Sam and Hayes even ended up doing the 5K. Ali is such a trooper and did it 8 months pregnant! 

After my race Kate and Justin came up and we all went to eat and shopping. I got a little sick after, but nothing like the marathon. It was really such a fun day. Park City is so beautiful. I had no idea. Sam and I drove around and saw all the homes and their main street is just unreal. Sam said Park City is like Santa Clara, New York, and Brian Head all mixed together in the perfect little community. I could totally see Sam and I living there (at least until it gets really cold). When I was running, I ran by this house that I instantly fell in love with. I wish I would have thought about it and took a picture. It was black, weird, I know. But it was seriously, so cute. It looked like me, in house form. Sam said one day when we win lottery, we can buy it. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment