Friday, June 29, 2012

Thankful

Today I feel thankful. Sometime I get so wrapped up in whats going around me (or not going on around me) that I forget how much I have been blessed with. I have done this before where I list what I am thankful for, and its really good for me to go back and look over it when I am having a not-so-thankful day.
1. Sam. He is so funny and sweet to me. Today he got off work early and brought me a drink because he knew I would want one. That makes me feel loved.
2. Our House. We are SO lucky to have our house. A lot of people are in danger of loosing their houses because of fires right now. I am so lucky that I am not fearful of that. I am so lucky that we can afford our office. Many other people have lost their homes because of the economy. I am so glad that we have not had to worry about that.
3. My family. I really have the sweetest best family ever. My parents are so sweet and show me the best example. They are good, honest, hard working people. Nowadays that is quite rare. My sisters are the best too! I am so blessed that my sisters are my best friends. We get a long and have had so many fun adventures. I am so blessed to be able to travel with them.
4. My job. Number one glad that I have a job. Number two so blessed that I have good job that I feel confident in, and that I can really excel in. Those are pretty hot commodities.
5. St. George. I am seriously so grateful for St. George. I know many people think its just some stupid small town between Vegas and Salt Lake, or a pit stop on the way to Zion, but to me its home. I love the weather, the area, the people, the atmosphere, the small/big town that it is. I can't imagine going anywhere for very long and leaving this place. It really is the greatest place on earth.
6. Friends. Its fun to see our friends and get together with them. Sam and I have been so lucky to find friends everywhere we go. We are so lucky that there are so many great people that we share interests with. Friends really are the best.
7. Gator. Gator is the best, and I am the only the slightest bit sad to admit that I am one of those weird dog people. He is so much fun and makes me and Sam both so happy. We just love our little Gatorlicious.
8. Traveling. I have been SO BLESSED to be able to travel. I love seeing new places and experiencing different cultures and areas. I feel like traveling makes me a better person. I love having trips to look forward to and having past trips to look back on. Traveling is really important to me and I am so lucky to have a husband that supports that, and sisters that feel the same way.
9. Exercise. After high school I started to get into working out, before that I really had no interest in it, that was one of the best choices I ever made. Exercise is important to me on so many levels. I like getting into shape and working on training for a marathon, but the emotional clarity I get from exercise is really the best part. There is something so amazing that happens after you exercise- my entire attitude and mood changes. I have more self confidence and I feel much more relaxed about life. Its amazing how that works.
10. Education. I have always been pretty into school and learning. I have pretty much always loved school. One thing I have come to learn as I get older is that education comes in LOTS of forms. Its not just a text book and lecture. I have come to learn that you can learn new things in so many different ways, you just have to look at it that way. I have learned SO MUCH through my work, through working with people, at church, from our friends and family, from Sam, from myself, from bad situations, from good situations, from failing, from being open to learning. I know I will be a perpetual student for my whole life- not necessarily because I want to go to school forever but because I want to learn from everything around me. Learning is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment