Thursday, June 28, 2012

Its Our Anniversay {June 28, 2012}

Yup, today is our anniversary. As of today we have officially been married 4 years! That seems so crazy to think. In some ways it really has seemed like that long, and it other ways it doesn't seem like long at all. I feel really lucky to be married to Sam. Marriage has not been easy by any means, but we are both really blessed that we both keep trying every day. Since its our 4th anniversay I will give 4 pieces of wisdom I have learned in the past four years:
1. Every relationship is different. You can't compare your to anyone elses because they are not you and you are not married to their spouse. It seems so obvious but it can be a real issue.
2. Finding what works for you is not the battle- its keeping everyone else out of what works for you that is. Everyone has an opinion or a judgement or a suggestion about how your relationship should work.The only people that should have a say in your relationship is you, the other person, and your Heavenly Father. Thats it.
3. Laughing and joking with your spouse is the fastest way to get closer to them.
4. Don't take anything too seriously. (This one is the best one- but the one I struggle with the most). One thing I have really tried to do, and let me start off by saying that I know its weird, but I always think about if I would care about whatever I'm mad about if Sam were to be gone. Like if he died or we got divorced or something would that issue really matter? Would it really matter that he didn't take the trash out? Would it really matter that he left his clothes around the house? Or would that be somethig I would miss? Once I answer that question, most of the things that bother me, don't really bother me anymore. Weird- but it works for me! :)

Since I have been the picture stickler through most thing here are some pictures of us through the years:
















No comments:

Post a Comment