Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Goodbye Gluten

Recently I have been having a lot of problems with my stomach. I get some of the WORST stomach aches and my stomach swells up making me look like I'm five months pregnant (and I'm not pregnant to clarify). I have had some problems in the past with my stomach and such, but it kind of went a way and we could never really figure out what was wrong.Well, turns out I am allergic (I guest intolerant is the better word) to gluten.
I have started  monitoring what I was eating, and  noticed that breads and grains caused me the worst problems. Instinctively I started cutting those things out, but I was still having some problems. It has been really hard for me to pin point what has gluten in it- turns out some of my favorites have gluten like  ranch, candy, chocolate. Basically anything really delicious and amazing has gluten. I really needed some help figuring out this stuff, so I turned to a good friend of mine that has the same problem. After talking to her I realized that becoming gluten free would be the death of me and nearly impossible (especially for me).

Despite my sweet tooth screaming at me, I have decided to really make an effort though to cut most of the gluten out of my life. I feel like it is going to be really difficult, but hopefully not as difficult as wanting to explode every time I eat gluten. My friend gave me some AMAZING advice on things to avoid and things to replace gluten with- which I am so grateful for. I have also found some other great sites with gluten free tips and recipes.

These seem like the best ones
The Gluten Free Goddess
Gluten Freely
Simply Gluten Free

I hope this works and that I can get things under control. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment