Sunday, August 23, 2015

Time at the temple 08.20.15

Last week I had a doctor's appointment and my doctor's appointment is right by the temple, so Hayes and I decided to go a little bit early and get some wiggles out. Hayes is so funny about going places. He is very determined to get somewhere, but then he gets kind of unsure if he gets somewhere he can't maneuver on his own. For example, he was determined to climb the stairs, there really was no stopping him. He climbed them and would stop and turn around and wave at me, he needed to make sure I was watching him accomplish this task he had set out to achieve. He thought he was SO COOL! Once he got to the top he waved and kept yelling "Hi Mom! Hi!" hahaha The funny part came when he realized he couldn't make it back down very easily (these steps are pretty steep). He got nervous and started yelling "Help down Mom! Help!" I waited a little while and tried to get him to do it on his own, but he was sure he couldn't. I'm sure people around thought I was a mean mom just waiting at the bottom telling him to do it by himself, eventually I caved and went up and got him. He of course wanted to be carried the whole way down, but once we were at the bottom he was off again. 

The temple is a really fun place for us to go, there really isn't much he can hurt himself on and its just big grassy areas that are shaded by a lot of trees. I forget about coming here, and then I do and remember just how awesome it really is. We talk about the temple and Hayes can say "temple." He also says "temple fun!" hahaha I hope he always has good memories about coming to the temple as a child and that carries him through into adulthood. 



No comments:

Post a Comment