Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Puddle stomping

Some days I try really hard to say yes even when I want to say no. I try to think back on my childhood and all the puddles I played in, trees I climbed, mud pies I made, and I realize that even though it's not easy, I try to say yes to Hayes getting messy and just having fun. I think sometimes Hayes knows I'm trying and pushes me as far as he can (in typical Hayes fashion :) haha) 

This morning we took an early walk and found a pretty fantastic puddle. I wasn't going to let Hayes get out of the stroller, but I remembered I need to try harder to say yes, so out he came and straight into the puddle. I had to draw the line when he started trying to drink it! YUCK!! But overall he played and got messy and wet and we all survived. It was a good morning. 





No comments:

Post a Comment