Monday, August 10, 2015

Puddles

Some times mornings are really hard. Sometimes Hayes wakes up early and he's irritable and I'm tired and we just don't get a long. It makes things kind of rough. I especially have a hard time when this happens on my days off. I think I just want my days off to be so much fun and full of good memories and happiness, and tired mamas and irritable toddlers are not included in that picture I have. Sometimes I get really down and it sets us up for a long hard day, then other times, I get over the picture in my head and decide to do something about it. 

So, the other morning when Hayes was up by 6 a.m. and I was tired of getting scratched or protecting Gator from Hayes's terror, we decided to go for a walk and find some good puddles. I let Hayes play and stomp around to his heart's content. He absolutely loved it, and we both instantly felt better. He was thrilled, I let the little things go and we both ended up having a great day. Who would have thought a simple puddle could change a day? :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment