Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter 2015

The older Hayes gets, the better every holiday gets. Easter is hands down my favorite holiday. I love every single aspect of it. Recently I gave a lesson to my young women on The Resurrection. I studied the lesson and really found so much insightful information, that really made me love Easter even more. One thing that really stuck out to me that I studied was that the resurrection will be given to EVERYONE. I think I always had in my head that the resurrection was something that you had to earn, but as I studied the lesson, it explained that it is given to everyone on the earth. I like that for a number of reasons. The first one is that I feel like that shows how much our Heavenly Father loves us, that he will give such an amazing gift. A resurrected body is such an amazing thing, one that I don't think I can fully comprehend. In the lesson it explained that resurrected beings are incapable of illness, and our Heavenly Father is just going to give that to us? Seriously, a body and perfect body that is incapable of illness? Wow! I can't imagine a more amazing gift, and that's something he has promised us. I just found so much love behind that and I think it really shows just how incredible our Heavenly Father is. 

The second thing I learned from my lesson, or that stuck with me is just how amazing the resurrection is. In a talk by Pres. Monson that I studied for the lesson he calls the Resurrection "The ultimate miracle" and it truly is. As I was talking to my mom about it, she brought up a cool thing that I had never thought of, but that was that Jesus showed himself to Mary very first, and how unique that was, especially for that period of time and culture. Jesus valued women and loved Mary so much that she was the first to be able to see this "Ultimate Miracle" in front of her. We talked about how valuable and symbolic that is. It was such a big learning lesson for me and I am now even more grateful for this season and the chance we have to celebrate "The Ultimate Miracle". 

I also love Easter because the weather is absoultely my favorite of the whole year, and the candy is hands down the best candy. It's one of the only holidays we celebrate with everything I love, candy, flowers, games, and we do it outside.It's perfect. 

This year we got invited to an Easter party at Sam's friends house. They have the most increidble pool you've ever seen in your whole life. Hayes LOVED the pool so much. They also have a water slide. We were a little hesitant to take Hayes down it, but after his first slide down, he was hooked and wanted to do it a hundred more times. He did really good wearing his life jacket, so he got to play in the pool for quite a while. 

They also did an Easter egg hunt. Hayes liked it for about two seconds and then wanted to get right back in the pool. He was bummed when we explained that swimming time was over. He didn't want anything to do with his candy. All the other kids were bummed too because Hayes found one of the special eggs with money in it, and didn't care one bit. haha. 



On Saturday, we did an Easter egg hunt at our house. Hayes did much better this time. He gets so overwhelmed and easily distracted when there are too many people around, so when it was just us, he did great. While he was hunting for eggs, he squeezed one too tight and popped it open. A candy dropped out and he suddenly realized that these "eggs" were actually full of candy. He yelled "TEET TEET!" (treat) and was SO excited. The funny part about it is I don't think he ever actually ate the candy, he was just excited there was candy in the eggs. 

He got an Easter basked and a new outfit. Overall, it was so much fun to see him hunt for eggs and have so much fun. I loved the whole process of getting things together and hiding the eggs. It really is everything I wanted when I found out we were having a baby. Even though we all know that parenting is hard, it is the best thing ever. Don't you think? 






No comments:

Post a Comment