Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas {December 25, 2014}

Christmas with kids makes Christmas so much more magical. Hayes didn't fully understand Christmas and wasn't at all interested in opening presents, but he was thrilled with the wrapping paper, his vacuum, and his tootsie roll bank. He was so excited and really didn't even know why, its almost just the energy of Christmas makes people excited. 

Hayes got a lot of fun presents. Our little neighbor girls, The Porters (Kaleigh and Polly) brought Hayes a present. He calls them his "Girls", so that's what they wrote on the wrapping paper. It was so sweet. They gave him an Olaf toy and an Olaf blanket. He is OBSESSED with his Olaf blanket. 

My favorite part of Christmas was sitting by the tree with Hayes and watching him play with his new toys. The excitement and the wonder that I feel from him trumps any other feeling in the world. 

We tried to keep his presents simple. 
Something you want
Something you need
Something to wear
and Something to read

I went a little crazy and he got quite a few things to read and wear, but overall, I feel happy with the bar we set for Christmas. It was nice and fun, but not too overwhelming. It was simple. Plus, after Grandmas, Great Grandmas, aunts, and neighbors Hayes got A LOT! I always underestimate what others will do for him. Its really sweet and really touches me when people love my child and do nice things for him. The gratitude I feel is hard to explain. 

I'm kind of a grinch in the fact that I really like to take Christmas down either Christmas day or the day after. I like to get rid of the clutter and immediately get my house back in order. Hayes was THRILLED to help and use his new vacuum. Even though part of me feels bad, I kind of like the tradition of cleaning things up on Christmas. It's like it gives you a chance to enjoy what you got instead of feel bogged down with decorations and clutter. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment